This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
fireguyfire
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Cochrane
State: Foreign

Sweptside pickup info?

Post by fireguyfire »

I may have just won the lottery; I’ve located a very rough (and real) 1958 Fargo Sweptside laying in a field. According to the research I’ve done it would be 1 of 11 Canadian Fargo Sweptside trucks built in 1958!
If I can secure the truck which looks promising right now, I’m wondering if anyone knows of resources out there for people restoring Sweptside trucks.
They are so rare that I doubt there is a forum so I thought on a whim I’d post up here to see if anyone has any suggestions!

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Sweptside pickup info?

Post by soopernaut »

Sounds like a hell of a find. Most of the truck parts are going to be the same as a regular truck of that year. The bed, tailgate, trim and rear bumper are going to be the specific hard to find items.

Is it the Salmon and White one near Edmonton? It looks like the rear fenders need a lot of metal work.

viewtopic.php?t=7546

fireguyfire
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by fireguyfire »

Same colour but different truck; this ones in Saskatchewan

fireguyfire
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by fireguyfire »

I was lucky enough to close the deal on the 58 Fargo Sweptside! Now I have to figure out how to get it and a part truck regular 58 home.

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

There used to be a Power Giant (1957-60) forum. Front sheetmetal, bumpers, doors, glass and seals etc are readily available. Town Panel and Town Wagon shared the same parts as well.

58 models will have a flathead 6 or 315 poly V8 if still stock under the hood. Canadian model flatheads if built in Canada are 25” blocks. If USA exports, should be a 23” block length. Hot rod you want the small engine, speed parts are very easy to find. General driving you want the bigger engine, higher torque output.

315 polyshperical? Good luck... it “looks” like an early Hemi, not much interchange. It “looks” like an A (wide block) 318, not much interchange.

Bed is made of unobtainium...
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...