Leaf springs

**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
2bluesweptlines
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Longview, Texas

Leaf springs

Post by 2bluesweptlines »

The springs on my '64 D100 are sagging somewhat. I've looked at Eaton springs-they look good and quality, but are pretty pricey. Anyone know of where I can get a full set of leafs for my truck?
Or, has anyone had luck with re-arching springs? I've heard it works well sometimes, but usually does not last that long.
Thanks
Stephan
'63 W300 Perkins turbo diesel (for sale)

Rodger
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: COS ( Colo )

Post by Rodger »

Band aid repairs to the rear spgs will mean that you will be under the rear doing it again before the mufflers get old.

Uncle Rodger & Aunt Gabby
COS
Rodger & Gabby Colo Spgs 47 De Soto S-11, Loaded 62 Imperial Crown Cpe w/62 Lic Plates, 63 Le Baron w/63 Lic Plates, 66 Le Baron, 70 W100 SWB Loaded Custom, 70 Overlander-Internatioal Dbl, 77 D Shorty 2 x 4, 360,NP, 12 bolt

Jeffc
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Jeffc »

I replaced the mains on my 62, rearched the rest of
the pack, took about a year before it stopped riding
like a pogo stick and broke in.....
http://imageevent.com/jeffc
62 D100 225 3sp lwb
64 D100 A318 727pb custom lwb
66 D100 A318 4sp lwb
68 D100 B383 727 swb
65 Dart GT LA273 2bbl 904
73 Scamp 225 2bbl 4sp od
68 P300 318 727 base Oasis 22' RV
71 for sale D200 318 auto parts truck could be fixed compleat $400
Old iron or no iron!
One size does NOT fit all!

dylansd100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by dylansd100 »

I would try to find a donor car with good springs and just use those. it would be alot cheaper :Thumbsup
69 d100 adventurer 318 four bbl.
727 / 3.55 rear

Massively Over Powered And Respected
Mutilates Other People At Races

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

dylansd100 wrote:I would try to find a donor car with good springs and just use those. it would be alot cheaper :Thumbsup
Sometimes you luck out in doing this.... Sometimes....
you just "inherit" someone else's problem :pale
John

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

Someone here posted about a company in St. Louis a couple months ago. I called them at that time and was impressed and planned on using them. Then I got side tracked and now forgot the name. Hopefully they will chime back in, I still need springs!

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

nfury8 wrote:Someone here posted about a company in St. Louis a couple months ago. I called them at that time and was impressed and planned on using them. Then I got side tracked and now forgot the name. Hopefully they will chime back in, I still need springs!
These folks aren't in St.Louis but they're reputable...
http://www.eatonspring.com
John

JJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lawton
State: OK

Post by JJ »

I can't say enough good about Eaton Springs. You get what you pay for and these fit like a glove and the ride is great. Pretty fast delivery and very nice folks to deal with. Well worth the money spent :Thumbsup
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in one hand,cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming,"what a ride&quot

2bluesweptlines
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Longview, Texas

Post by 2bluesweptlines »

That's what I've heard. I called them about a year ago asking about a set of springs for my truck. They will make anything you want. I wanted springs to fit my truck that were 3/4 ton springs, even though I have a D100. I also wanted a 2-3" lift, and they could do that too. While they were not cheap, they seem like very good people and like they know what they are doing.
Stephan
'63 W300 Perkins turbo diesel (for sale)

CLIFF
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by CLIFF »

Yes St Louis Spring Company is there name and there in St Louis, Missouri. I can get there number or the operator for St Louis directory can get it for you. They have been in business for like 60 years I think. I had them make me a front set with 3 inch drop in them for my 67 D100 for $75 a piece! They are a 4 leaf pack. They also told me that after I swap in the 440 that they could add leafs to get the ride height were I want it. These are brand new springs not rearched oldies. Prices are right.

TimLG
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by TimLG »

I put helper springs on my 64 D100. $120, 3 hours, lifted my truck back up to original height and maybe a tad higher. Bought the Rough Country kits from JC Whitney http://www.jcw.com rides a bit stiff, more like a 3/4 TON.