**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
velvet
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: goleta
State: CA

A100 trailer hitch.....

Post by velvet »

What do you van guys use for this? No commercial listing i can find....

irontwist
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pendleton
State: OR

Re: A100 trailer hitch.....

Post by irontwist »

I went to Draw-Tite website and did not see a application for the A-100. I think if you give them the center line measurement of the two frame rails and the maximum distance from the rear end of the rails to the unobstructed distance to the rear shackle hanger, they might be able to find one that will work. I think they have universal one's for different applications. Their # is1-877-448-2448

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

I’ve had the same hitch on a 94 Ranger, an 85 C10 and my 49 Dodge truck. Reese Class 3 in a box adjustable. Bolt it to the frame, center it up. If needed, use a 1/2” bit to drill through the back. Stainless bolts, washers and lock nuts. I use 4, looks factory.

The receiver on my 69 D100 was custom built by a previous owner. Extra crossmember, factory crossmember, universal long 2” hitch tube. All welded to the frame, step bumper and each other. With extra reinforcing tubing and flat stock. Drawbar has to be beaten in/out with a 10# sledgehammer...
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

velvet
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by velvet »

Well, in my search i checked UHaul, which claims they have a hitch for everything. They dont for the A100, and i got a msge from them- a form. They said if i bought the truck to thier Mesa, Az, HQ and left it for a couple days, theyd use my truck to make a pattern and give me the hitch gratis. Its a bit of a haul for me..... but THEN i thought- 3AM- hmmmm. the mountes for the bumper are strong enough- given a 20 % overload, im looking at under 1500 lbs for the trailer & Madames huge @#% HD. (mine fits-barely- in the van.) And the bumper mounts are flat acoross..... and i got a piece of 5 in channel steel i used to use for a loading ramp i can cut to fit, weld a drawbar i got to the back of it, cut a square hole for the tow ball reciever to fit thru- bolt it thru w/ grade 8 bolts, weld the reciver neck in its square hole, and just bolt this to the existing brackets. Prelininary work starts today!

velvet
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by velvet »

and ive moved the trailer by hand w/ her bike on it- the down pressure is a hunnert lbs or so....... this should do nicely..... (goes out, looks again)

velvet
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by velvet »

this is working out pretty well. the channel stock was long enough, and i laid out all the holes to drill. got most of them done. should work fine, but ....homely, compared to the curvaceous rear bumper..... anybody need a a100 rear bumper??