Checking in...66 utiline bed wood

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
vrad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Stillwater
State: MN

Checking in...66 utiline bed wood

Post by vrad »

First post, been reading a lot on here for advice. Bought the truck last summer, really got into it this summer. Came with plywood which was pretty well rotted out. I decided I didnt want a "show truck" look and went the cheaper route too. I used 1x8x8 cedar ( yes its not hard wood but lets face it im not putting anything in the bed...) I used cabbot clear for uv and water protection and have the advantage of cedar being good outside. Finally did away with the metal strips 1. Too expensive 2. I like the way the gaps look. Let me know what you think. ps its not bolted down in this picture so it looks a tad uneven in the back but is better now that its tightened. Another side note, I hid the bolts that attach to the frame under the wood to have a cleaner look.
Attachments
V__269B.jpg

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Checking in...66 utiline bed wood

Post by Hobcobble »

I think it looks nice. :Thumbsup
John

dodged200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: kokomo, IN

Post by dodged200 »

Thats awesome! I've been thinking about doing this in my sweptside bed. Can you snap some pics of the underside? :Thumbsup

Worden18
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Altura
State: MN

Post by Worden18 »

Looks great! Sometimes doing things your own way instead of the way it came from the factory is the way to go. Nice work
Have fun today, you might not be here tomorrow