Dashboard Pictures

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
thembsnyder
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Decherd
State: TN

Dashboard Pictures

Post by thembsnyder »

All,

I need some help. My 64 D200 Crew Cab has no radio and I am looking to install one. I do not want to cut up the virgin dash in it to install a radio and I do not want to cut open the doors to install speakers. I really need some pics of any previous installs any of you have completed on the "Older" swepties. I am thinking of using the ashtray as a hidden compartment for my Ipod Dock.

Thanks

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Re: Dashboard Pictures

Post by wally426ci »

oklamopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Midwest City OK
State: OK

Post by oklamopar »

just a thought. Not a dash.
That or glovebox instal with remote control head unit
thin speakers amp and cd player
Last edited by oklamopar on Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

64TRUK
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Portland
State: OR

Post by 64TRUK »

I picked up a unit that will let me mount mine under the dash, hope to do a install this summer, I haven't figured where to put the speakers yet, this is an option to cutting up the dash. I don't even have the stereo yet so I got some shopping to do
Attachments
underdash.JPG
Last edited by 64TRUK on Sat May 14, 2011 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thembsnyder
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Decherd
State: TN

Post by thembsnyder »

I found a really sweet unit that I am going to install, it is a PIoneer MVH-P8300BT, it has a really nice screen that I can control my Ipod from and Satellite radio from. I am very seriously considering cutting the dash and doing a really nice install. I was going to build a custom box for between the seats but I am not sure that will work with this unit as I will have to be looking down all the time to see it. I think I am going to install the speakers into custom built boxes on the kick panels and then on the upper portion of the cab in the back. I am also looking at lifting the rear seat with some extension plates and installing two twelves and the amp under the seat.

JACKISBACK
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: SOUTHEASTERN CT
State: CT

Post by JACKISBACK »

I picked up a unit that will let me mount mine under the dash, hope to do a install this summer, I haven't figured where to put the speakers yet, this is an option to cutting up the dash. I don't even have the stereo yet so I got some shopping to do.......... were did you get that ? i like that.. thanks jack

Dood
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Shoreline
State: WA

Post by Dood »

As is from the PO, my truck has a cheapo FM/cassette under the dash as not to disfigure the face and the speakers bounce around under the bench. :banghead Despite the half-@#%-ishness of the install, I like the locations. When I next pull the seat, I'll affix the speakers more permanently. When I hit a speed bump, the left tends to go out until I hit another bump.

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

I have an original AM radio that I had wards radio service refurbish for me and add an iPod jack to it. It plays great with a new original style speaker mounted in the original location. So far I could not be happier with that set up. It looks stock, sounds old-school and the mini jack brings it into this century.

I have an extra AM radio I'd be willing to part with you're interested in going this route.

Ben