One more of my odd projects!

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
RAYMAN
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Gifford
State: WA

One more of my odd projects!

Post by RAYMAN »

I know its not a dodge but its ugly like me and its cool. Its a 1967 Ford C-550 1 1/2 ton truck. It has a 272 v8 with a 4 speed and a 2 speed rearend. It is in pretty good shape but it needs a little work. I just rebuilt the brakes and painted the rear wheels. The front wheels will be next for paint. I will update with more pics as i get more done on it.
Ford Truck.jpg
Ford Truck 1 .jpg
Ford Truck 2 .jpg
Ford Truck 3 .jpg
Ford Truck 4 .jpg

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Re: One more of my odd projects!

Post by Jims68 »

What is on the back? I assume it was some type of fire truck. What will you use it for? Fords are great... and I don't care what make trucks and cars are... as long as they are "cool" looking! :salut

Jim

RAYMAN
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RAYMAN »

This was a fire truck but i got it from my high school weld shop teacher who is a farmer too. He put a 16 foot flat bed on it. Basicly this will replace my compleatly gut shot d-300 for hauling scrap and towing my 3 axle equipment trailer. It was a dump bed but my old teacher sold the dump and the pto. That sucks because the pto is hard to find so im told. I will be doing a full paint job on it soon.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Jims68 »

Well, look at the bright side.... NOW you don't have to paint a dump body! :lol: Those are usually rusty, and all bent up too.

That will be nice when it is painted. Make sure you post pics back here so I will be able to see it.

Jim

RAYMAN
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RAYMAN »

Will do Jim. I have to make a new cab gaurd on the flat bed as well. It will be a great truck when i get it done and drivable.

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Jims68 »

RAYMAN wrote:Will do Jim. I have to make a new cab gaurd on the flat bed as well. It will be a great truck when i get it done and drivable.

:Thumbsup :Thumbsup

Roxyflash
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Moline
State: IL

Post by Roxyflash »

I drove a few of those as garbage trucks I hated them compare to the macks those were spares.They were gas powered with 15 yard leaches on the rear.Wouldnt been so bad but we had country routes that had 200 miles and 400 stops took 4 loads to finish.The macks had 25 yard packers and would take two maxed out loads.Made for along day.