1969 D100 - Open to suggestions

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
JeepersCreepers
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Woodland Park
State: CO

Re: 1969 D100 - Open to suggestions

Post by JeepersCreepers »

I like your truck, its pretty cool that it has A/C it would be nice to have that operational.

1969IndianaDodgeMan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Mt Pleasant
State: TX

Post by 1969IndianaDodgeMan »

I definitley intend to get the A/C back up and functional. It is going to have to be one of the later things I do, just because of cost and practicality, but it is on the list. I hope to find parts to do it with the origonal unit, rather than having to go after market. I do not know how readily available they are though.

TheVictor
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by TheVictor »

I've got a 69 D200 Camper special and I'm hoping to add power steering and Disc brakes too. If you find something good for power steering I'd love to hear about it. Good luck.

1969IndianaDodgeMan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Well I have answered my own question - original! I have started the slow process of rebuilding the truck, and have started a build thread. But "PawPaw's Dodge" will be going back as close to original as I can get it - with only a couple of changes to try and squeeze a few mpg out of it so I can drive it more!

Yellow71
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 80031

Post by Yellow71 »

1969IndianaDodgeMan wrote:This would have been somewhere in the late 70's - I am the little guy with his back to you on the driver's side. That is my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin on that side with me, and Dad and my Brother on the passenger's side - I guess Mom was taking the picture. This would have been take at Lake of the Pines in Jefferson, TX.
Wow, look how new....hmmm!

matthew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: nova
State: OH

Post by matthew »

i agree original. brakes upgrade. nice truck. wish i could find one that solid here in ohio.

1969IndianaDodgeMan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Well I am back in Texas, and getting settled in here. I moved back to take care of Dad, and spend some time with him in his last days. I have been here about a month, but due to the nature of why I am here, I have not made much progress on the Dodge. I was able to pick up the mirrors that PawPaw had on it - my Uncle found them in his storage room and returned them to me. As you can see though, they are not in the best of shape, and one is missing a bracket. But it does give me something to start with.
Attachments
DSCF6973.JPG
DSCF6972.JPG
DSCF6974.JPG
DSCF6971.JPG

mjlenard
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 92557
State: CA

Post by mjlenard »

Great truck! That is the first I have seen it on here, of course I am relatively new to the site. I have a 70 adventurer I just bought that is like yours. I also have a 69 D-100 custom. I converted to the Scarebird disc brakes and really like it. I would say all in all after changing everything I was in it close to 500 bucks. I wish you lived closer I would sell you the set up off my D-100. I decided to restore the Adventurer because it is in really good shape and loaded with options.

petee33333
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Edgewood
State: NM

Post by petee33333 »

Nice lookin truck, I really like the old picture with the family in it.. the color scheme is very cool...

What is with the bright red brake pedal? kindof stands out!! I like it..

Is that the 318 engine or the 383?

I like it!! I am partial to the 69 D100s though, I inherited one from my G-pa too!

1969IndianaDodgeMan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

petee33333 wrote:Nice lookin truck, I really like the old picture with the family in it.. the color scheme is very cool...

What is with the bright red brake pedal? kindof stands out!! I like it..

Is that the 318 engine or the 383?

I like it!! I am partial to the 69 D100s though, I inherited one from my G-pa too!

Thanks for the compliments! I am finally back to workign on it - I took some time off from it, and moved back to Texas to be with my dad. He passed away 3 weeks ago today, so I find myself with time to work on the truck again (bitter sweet to say the least). It has a 318 in it. As for the bright red gas pedal - the rubber cover just fell off a while back, and the paint under it had not faded like the rest of the truck :lol:

JunkHead
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: San mateo
State: CA

Post by JunkHead »

Original original!!!!!!!! :clap sweet truck!

1969IndianaDodgeMan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

JunkHead wrote:Original original!!!!!!!! :clap sweet truck!
Thanks JunkHead. I have decided that is the way to go with it. I have other toys I can play with hand modify - this one is going to stay as close to the day my granddad brought it home as I can keep it.