No Brake Light or Turn Signal on Passenger Rear?

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
sbright66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

No Brake Light or Turn Signal on Passenger Rear?

Post by sbright66 »

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to track down this problem for a week now and haven't had any luck. I have a 71 and all lights work except the passenger side rear turn signal and brake light. The housing has a good ground to the bed and I also ran another ground wire from the housing to the frame. I'm not getting any power out of the firewall wiring block that goes to that light like I doing going to the drivers side lights. The interior blinker blinks slow and all bulbs and flashers are new. Any Help?

Thanks

Steve

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

Post by Cageman »

Maybe the switch in the steering column is broken, not making cotact. I am not sure if it would allow the front to work, but I would check that.
Or maybe the contact that the bulb has is bad, or maybe the little contact in the bulb housing is bad, and maybe the wire is bad there too.
You did say the wire has no power , maybe the contact is bad there too, the one in the fuse box wire, where it disconnects. does it have power from the column?

sbright66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by sbright66 »

Cageman,

You were right it was the switch in the column. I replaced it with one out of a old barracuda column and it works fine.

Thanks

Steve Bright

Cageman
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bismarck
State: ND

Post by Cageman »

Cool, I had that problem once and it rang a bell in my head, I'm glad you got it fixed.