High beam indicator location /gauges

Wiring, lights, heater controls, anything electrical..
KevinL
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Neshanic
State: NJ

High beam indicator location /gauges

Post by KevinL »

Hello everyone , it’s a beautiful Sunday and I decided to continue tinkering with the gauges in my 1967 dodge d200. Owner before me wasn’t in the mood to mess with anything and re routed a new temperature and fuel gauge. Among sorting all the wires back out I found an orange wire that has been cut. After looking up wire diagrams I found it was the high beam indicator light and I tested it and it does work. Before ordering the new socket I for the life of me can’t figure out where that light went, does anyone have a picture or has recently dealt with this and knows where that wire/ bulb is placed? I only have 5 holes on the cluster for lights and blinkers and can’t seem to locate where that specific one goes. Any help would be appreciated! I know everyone loves messing with wires :lol: also if anyone has a fully functional gauge cluster and doesn’t mind taking the screws off can you take a photo of what the back of the cluster looks like? That would be extremely helpful while the wiring diagram is accurate I would like to see where each wire goes and how it’s routed. Any help will be appreciated! Thank you all!

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Re: High beam indicator location /gauges

Post by dodgeboykim »

Directly above the 50 mph mark on speedometer. rectangle slot with red lens
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

KevinL
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Neshanic
State: NJ

Post by KevinL »

Thanks for the reply! If that goes there , then where does the socket with white and black wire/socket go? I believe that’s the oil pressure indicator, I know the 2 on the outer ends are blinkers and the 2 inwards from there are regular cluster lights, only other hole is the center for the high beam indicator. That leaves the oil pressure indicator wire/ plug out, any ideas where that goes in the cluster?

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Oil pressure is the gauge to the right of temp gauge. Its either a full gauge or an idiot light in the center of the gauge space.

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

KevinL wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 1:19 pm
Thanks for the reply! If that goes there , then where does the socket with white and black wire/socket go? I believe that’s the oil pressure indicator, I know the 2 on the outer ends are blinkers and the 2 inwards from there are regular cluster lights, only other hole is the center for the high beam indicator. That leaves the oil pressure indicator wire/ plug out, any ideas where that goes in the cluster?
Goes into back of oil pressure light where oil pressure gauge would be. I would suggest getting rid of low oil pressure light and upgrade to the me4chnical oil pressure gauge.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.