Rear Drum Brake Parts Source

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Rear Drum Brake Parts Source

Post by earlymopar »

Hey Fellas:

I'm rebuilding / restoring my 8-3/4" rear end and just finished with the 3rd member, axles and bearings and am just getting into the brakes. I found all of the traditional rebuild parts at a couple of auto parts stores. But, the emergency brake strut (sometimes called a "link") needs the springs replaced (currently each spring is in 2 pieces). I can likely swap-in springs from other links, other manufacturers and have no issues but just curious if anyone here has found a source. The same is true with the emergency brake Lever. Mine are actually in decent shape and are Bendix 307654 (R & L) but I'm not seeing anything with the regular sources and this # does not come up on and Bendix parts searches I've done.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

- EM
Drum Diagram.jpg

DodgeBeast
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Charlotte
State: NC

Re: Rear Drum Brake Parts Source

Post by DodgeBeast »

Have you looked at Rock Auto? They seem to stock a lot of the more obscure parts.

Silas
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Va Beach
State: VA

Post by Silas »

I recently went through this on my 68. I needed to replace everything brake related on both sides of my rear axle except for the parking brake levers. I was able to find everything with the help of an excellent counter man at my local NAPA store. Some of the parts needed to come from other stores but he was able to locate everything. If you don't have a local store then maybe try their website?
68 D-100 Custom
318 Auto Utiline

earlymopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Post by earlymopar »

Thanks fellas. I found that Mancini carries the E-brake levers but for $49/set, I'll just clean mine up and re-use them. I did get link springs through Napa and while they're not the right part number for my truck, they fit and will work.

- EM

quillc
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Port Orchard
State: WA

Post by quillc »

Alleratta truck parts in Boston.

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Post by my5thmopar »

I got the complete spring kit from Oriellys.

jackpine
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Detroit
State: MI

Post by jackpine »

For brake drums, I am seeing where they try and sell car brake drums for truck applications. They "almost" fit. When I tightened down the wheel, the drum locked up.