Rim fit on Scarebird brake conversion

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
JimsRatRod
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Parker
State: CO

Rim fit on Scarebird brake conversion

Post by JimsRatRod »

I scored a great set of Cragers today. I know the backs fit fine (15x10 wide x 4-1/2" BS). I did a scarebird conversion on the front and was wondering if the front rims will have any clearance problems. They are 15x8 wide x 3-1/4" BS.

Does anyone know anything about these rims? The centers are bolted to the rims. Can I unbolt them and have the centers powder coated a different color?

Thanks, Jim
Attachments
phpExtCe6PM.jpg
phpExtCe6PM.jpg (36.56 KiB) Viewed 382 times

junior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: san bernardino
State: CA

Re: Rim fit on Scarebird brake conversion

Post by junior »

As my (lucky)neighbor who has a good paying job and a truck full of gadgets and all kinds of chrome accessories said."Anything is possible ,you can get "anything" done if you have the money".How wide are the wheels toward the outside? I think they should work as long as they are not too wide and rub on anything with average sized tires.Good luck! Nice wheels!

devilbrad
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pacifica/California
State: CA

Re: Rim fit on Scarebird brake conversion

Post by devilbrad »

I have 15X6 American Racing Torgue Thrusts, 3 1/2" back spacing on my 67 with the Scarebird kit and there's an inch of clearance between wheel and caliper. You should be fine. Now, for the obvious statement...if you have the truck with brakes installed and the wheels, just jack it up and bolt one on, you will find out if it works or not, LOL And yes, you should be able to unbolt the center and have it powder coated, check with Cragar, they probably have a torque spec for the bolts.