I Got another 8.75 rear today!

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

I Got another 8.75 rear today!

Post by Jims68 »

For those of you following my dilemma,Today I brought home another rear pumpkin for my 68. :clap It is from a 70 D-100 and it has the same casting number "2070741" as my 68 too. The only difference is, the "new" rear is a 3.55 and I had the 3.91 in mine. However, there is a catch, and the catch was, I had to buy the whole truck. The guy didn't want it in his yard anymore. The truck is so rusted, BUT, the rear is the same, so that is all I care about now. :dance Tomorrow, I will remove the pumpkin and I hope to put it in mine tomorrow too. I also am having new bearings pressed on my axles on Monday. :Thumbsup Another good thing is, it was only about a 1/2 mile from my house, so my Dad and I towed it home with a chain and pipe! (Very slooooowly, as there was no brakes of any kind on the 70) 70,000 mile truck! /6 with 3 speed.

Jim
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489

DB69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: La Porte
State: IN

I got another 8.75 rear today

Post by DB69 »

Jims68
good find! :clap
what are you going to do with the rest of the truck? :thinking :salut

DB69 :usa
Last edited by DB69 on Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TommyDodge
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Club cab 3rd owner 86,330 miles
I don't drive a Ram-I drive a Dodge Ram
Dodge Brothers Detroit USA,
In Memory of Molly and Missy, My Beagle Girls

Butch Romig
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: garnett ks

Post by Butch Romig »

i have a rear just like that!
$100 buys it
butch

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Re: I got another 8.75 rear today

Post by Jims68 »

DB69 wrote:Jims68
good find! :clap
what are you going to do with the rest of the truck? :thinking :salut

DB69 :usa

After I finish with the rear, I will pull everything I can from the 70. Such as windows, small items under the hood. Dash, heater etc. Pretty much everything except the sheet metal! I also found that it has the spare tire carrier too! Mine was busted, and I fixed it, but there is nothing better than having the original part. I will also pull the front bumper (no dents, painted) and grille too (aluminum), it has a dent in the left side, and where the safety catch comes down, someone let it hit the grille when they closed the hood. Not a real problem, if you are in need of a pretty decent grille. I "may" save one fender that doesn't look too bad, but further inspection of it will probably change my mind, as I have not looked into that very much. First things first, I have to get my 68 finished, and the only thing holding me up is the rear.

Jim
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489