fan shroud needed

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
68fish
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: uniontown
State: OH

fan shroud needed

Post by 68fish »

I have a 360 in my early 65 D100 and it runs hot when not moving. Ive tried everything minus the shroud, I need one. Good 4 core rad, changed fans, different thermostats. Anyone have one that will fit or know of an aftermarket bolt on? I havent found anything but universal in my serarches.

Thanks!!!

68FISH

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: fan shroud needed

Post by soopernaut »

The original fan shrouds in the trucks that came with them were made out of sheetmetal and were pretty rudimentary. If worse came to worse you could make one or have somebody send you an original. I haven't seen many Sweptlines with shrouds.

JimE
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Glendale,
State: AZ

Post by JimE »

I have a 318 fan shroud, yours for the price boxing and shipping. Jim
Attachments
006.jpg

68fish
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 68fish »

Thanks for the offer JIm, but that one wont work. my engine is offest to the radiator. Your fan shroud has the hole in the center. I may have to custom make one. I already have a shroud like yours and it wont cover all of the radiator.

Fish

68fish
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 68fish »

fan shroud is done! Took a metal one I had and took the top and bottom curved pieces off. shortened the width and re cut the hole to match my fan. Welded it back up. Looks like its factory fresh!!! Hopefully this will solve my over heat at idle problems. I also bought a new mopar perf. clutch fan. Its smaller than the old clutch fan I was using. it fits the radiator better. The old fan was overlaping down below the radiator fins.

In about a month Ill have the tranny back in, oil leak fixed, and will let you all know how it does.

Fish

Duh
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Colo Spgs
State: CO

Post by Duh »

Hey Hey Hey

Glad to see that it was done. Just maybe it will show others they to can do easy stuff.

Colo Spgs
[