3x2 Manifold????

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
JJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lawton
State: OK

Post by JJ »

Looks like someone got there hackles up :lol: . I wonder now what I am going to have to call the duel four barrells sitting on top of the 440 in the '68 :thinking .
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in one hand,cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming,"what a ride&quot

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

name

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

JJ
I would call it "Rat Killer" :Thumbsup
and once again customcoffin check out http://www.mooneyes.com and see if you can find what your lookin for, I know they have the stromberg 8 single barrell carbs that is an EFI unit in disguise, that would be nice on the 318 :Thumbsup

RH62
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RH62 »

dodgegrl, I think coffin was saying yea son in agreement to what I said, I dont think he was trying to demean you. So you may want to hold off on whipping anyones @#%! It seems like a childish statment for a 42 year old woman to make, being called son or not.
I did not misquote wikipidea I did a direct cut and paste of a statment I though summed it up.
The statment that you highlighted in red doesnt say a rat rod must have a ch3vy rat engine it just says what we all know, that they are the most common. Its just like most people choose to fix up ch3vy or f0rd trucks because there are more around and parts are easier/cheaper to find.
Thank you for the history lesson of the chevy engines though, it was quite interesting. :clap

JJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JJ »

Yea I'll have to agree about the history lession. It brought to focus something I always knew but never really thought about. I guess "ratkiller" would be a good name for duel four barrels or maybe "terminex" :lol:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in one hand,cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming,"what a ride&quot

RH62
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RH62 »

you have any pictures of the 68 with 2 fours?

Snowdogg
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Snowdogg »

This is my OFFY 8x1
Haven't decided to go 2x4 4x2 1x8?

Gruney1
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Gruney1 »

Mopar Performance makes an aluminum 6 pack manifold for the LA, PN P4529054. It can be found at http://www.mopartsracing.com for $259.95. Barry Grant has just released a Demon carb package that sells for around $1500.00, which includes 3-250 cfm 2 bbl carbs, linkage, fuel line, and uses the factory style 6 pack air cleaner. It should run much better than the original style carbs, because the outer carbs are progressive mechanicals, not the huge Holley vacuum operated carbs, which were a hassle to tune. Check them out at http://www.barrygrant.com. The photo shows them on a 440, but you get the idea.
1965 D100 Utiline 440/727
1999 Durango 318
2001 300M
http://slowmopars.blogspot.com/

JJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JJ »

I think i still have some photos, the problem is posting them. Might be a good weekend project :Thumbsup

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

3x2

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

JJ
in the same box we type in you will see at the bottom left corner "Add image to post" click on that and it brings up a smaller window, then you can browse your hard drive and it will upload direct. easy as 1,2,3 :Thumbsup

RH62
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RH62 »

snowdog that manifold looks similar to the edelbrock CH-28. I didnt realize they made a 2x4 setup, they sell progressive linkaged for it and everything. Has anyone tryed that setup with two 600cfh carbs?

JJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JJ »

Boy that was waaay to easy, you guys have created a monster :lol:

RH62
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RH62 »

WOWSERS Thats awsome! Hows it run? around town and wot?

JJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JJ »

Instant throttle response. About 13-14 mpg on the highway and about that cruising around town. I was aiming for 500 ponies and several people have said I passed that. It will put your head into the back glass at just about any speed :lol:

RH62
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RH62 »

are they edelbrock 600cfm carbs?

JJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by JJ »

Both carbs are 600s. When I bought the manifold it came with new jets for those carbs. It was right on the money. The cam is racer Brown and the ignition is FBO with the distributor curved to match the cam. The convertor is a Dynamic 3000 stall and the heads are 915s bowl ported and matched with TRW 6 pac replacement pistons. The exhaust is hedman hedders with full 3" exhaust, X pipe and Flowmaster 50 series big block mufflers. Nothing really exotic just well matched. Don at FBO matched the cam ,convertor and ignition. I'm losing some horsepower not using the manifold and demon carb he recommeded but the duel fours do look cool.

coffincustoms
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by coffincustoms »

i think im gonna cry :salut

everyone may now call me caughin

sneezin may work too :lol:

thanks to everyone who help. nice pics!

to conclude this, I never found a 3x2 other than a six pack, but those use holley carbs which look a little too big and ARE too big for my motor. I went down to Mooneyes last weekend and they dont offer anything and neither does Offenhauser (Actually Phethan Racing, also a quick drive from me). I ended up picking up an offenhauser 4 barrel manifold and am going to run my holley for now. Maybe ill spring for a 2x adapter (eelco-usa.com) and some strombergs when I get my hood back on to see if theyll fit.
69 D100 Custom

RH62
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by RH62 »

This may be a dumb idea but here goes... you could use the six pack manifold with adaptor plates that reduce the carb size. They make a holley adaptor i used one on two barrel manifold to run a larger holley 2 barrel, i think it would work backwards too. Then you could run three factory 318 afb 2bbl carbs. It would look similar to the stromberg setup except the carbs would be quite high. the hard part would be fabricating some kind of progressive linkage. :thinking It would be something no one had tried before thats for sure.