Mopar oil filter for 318 V8 in my 69 D100

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
DB69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: La Porte
State: IN

Mopar oil filter for 318 V8 in my 69 D100

Post by DB69 »

I am about to change oil in the 69 D100, and am wondering if it takes the same Mopar Oil filter as my 88 D100 with 318 V8 EFI? Thanks in advance!
DB69 :usa
TommyDodge
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Club cab 3rd owner 86,330 miles
I don't drive a Ram-I drive a Dodge Ram
Dodge Brothers Detroit USA,
In Memory of Molly and Missy, My Beagle Girls

Butch Romig
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: garnett ks

Post by Butch Romig »

yep, fram ph8a,same as most fords,tho fram is mostly name,not the best filter available
butch

Post by Guest »

I think the book will specify a different filter for the 88 model, not a PH8A. The one specified will be smaller. The PH8A will work, and that's what I used for many years because of it's larger size. I assumed that larger meant more filter area but I'm not sure that's accurate. There was a discussion on the forum about filters with a link to a website with a very good comparison of brands. On that site Wix brand filters were said to be the best, with Fram way down the list. I was a Fram user for the last thirty or so years and have always had good luck with my engines so I don't think they can be too bad, but I'm not as brand concious as I was. I'm using Purolators now but might be a different brand after next oil change. BTW, I don't change my oil any more frequently than the owners manual recommends, but do change filter every oil change, not every other as the manual says.

Russ
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Russ »

That was me on the last post, I must have gotten signed out. I just noticed that it showed up as Guest.
1969 Adventurer W100

Butch Romig
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: garnett ks

Post by Butch Romig »

i have the filer link on faverites,it really shows up the differences
butch

DB69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: La Porte
State: IN

oil filter for 69 318

Post by DB69 »

Thanks for the help Butch and Russ. The parts guy down at Dodge was ticked when I asked him for stuff for the 69 D100 so I've found you guys on the forum have been lots of help, and I appreciate the help believe me.
I hope to someday have the chance to meet everyone on the forum! All of you are great! :salut
DB69 :usa
TommyDodge
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Club cab 3rd owner 86,330 miles
I don't drive a Ram-I drive a Dodge Ram
Dodge Brothers Detroit USA,
In Memory of Molly and Missy, My Beagle Girls

thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy »

no point just kind of funny. i was changing the oil on my 69 d 100 318 i was having a hell of a time gotting it off i tried to get at it from the bottom and the top but nothing worked. i guess it was bound to happen becausse it was sitting for 15 years. i tried sticking a screw driver threw it but it just riped the filter apart. eventualy i ended up welding a peice of rebar to the remaining nub of filter. i was pulling on it from the top and i hit the heater hose and the brand new cat killin juice went everymere. what a day!!