D200 radiator fan shroud info

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
patrino
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Portland
State: OR

D200 radiator fan shroud info

Post by patrino »

Hello folks,

I've had my 1966 D200 for about four years now. Great truck! This is my first forum post.

Looking to install a radiator shroud on it, there's currently not one on it. A couple questions please:
1. anyone have one or know of anyone who's looking to get rid of one? I don't care how the shroud looks, just looking for function. The truck's not a looker, just the household vehicle.
2. any info on how interchangeable they are with other years/makes/models? (That info will help track one down.)

I've spent a few hours scouring forums, but no definitive into.

The engine in my truck is a 318 poly out of a '64 Belvedere, installed by the Previous Owner. Based on the VIN decoder, the truck originally had a 318 in it. Radiator is either stock '66 D200, or out of the Belvedere. Radiator measures 22" square, engine fan diameter ~18".

Any suggestions and info appreciated!

Thanks, Patrick

dynamutt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Santa Barbara
State: CA

Re: D200 radiator fan shroud info

Post by dynamutt »

absent finding an original, you can take critical measurements and find a diy kit, like these, maybe.. https://www.speedwaymotors.com/shop/coo ... cwQAvD_BwE

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos

Post by Wildergarten »

patrino wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:51 pm
The engine in my truck is a 318 poly out of a '64 Belvedere, installed by the Previous Owner. Based on the VIN decoder, the truck originally had a 318 in it. Radiator is either stock '66 D200, or out of the Belvedere. Radiator measures 22" square, engine fan diameter ~18".
I don't know if Dodge made shrouds for a fan that small. You might have an easier time finding a shroud to match a larger fan.
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org

patrino
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Portland
State: OR

Post by patrino »

Thanks for the suggestions. Dynamutt, I wound up ordering one of the kits from Speedway Racing. Will report back once I've had a chance to fit and install.

dynamutt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Santa Barbara

Post by dynamutt »

Good... the one on my A100 is kinda dodgy....