aux fuel tank?

Engine, transmission, rear-end, driveline, fuel system etc..
Spdcrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: homer
State: AK

aux fuel tank?

Post by Spdcrazy »

i read somewhere that a guy installed a custom fuel tank in the bed so he got like 1300 miles per tank. and while tumbling that idea in my head a post on the local buy sell trade page on facebook shows a used custom fuel tank for sale.

measurements would work, tho not exactly what i want, i think it would work well. its 80 gal. has a ball valve and vent, has been used for diesel. any issues one should worry about?

i.e. baffles? diesel verse gas (other than flush it out)

i know i'll have to create the plumbing but thats not a big deal.

thoughts?

74dusterman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Cushing
State: MN

Re: aux fuel tank?

Post by 74dusterman »

I would worry about having a big enough pocket book to fill up the 80 gallon tank every time.

Spdcrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Spdcrazy »

74dusterman wrote:I would worry about having a big enough pocket book to fill up the 80 gallon tank every time.
thats no joke. i decided against it. it would take to much of my bed space. tho a 30-40 gal tank would be nice. maybe in the future

RAYMAN
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Gifford
State: WA

Post by RAYMAN »

You should consider a 22 gal. bronco tank that yo could mount under the bed in the rear of the truck. They will fit good were the spare tire goes under the truck. The plus side to this is they are a pretty cheap setup to buy, they are like $138 or somthing on amazon.com :2cents :Thumbsup

Spdcrazy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Spdcrazy »

RAYMAN wrote:You should consider a 22 gal. bronco tank that yo could mount under the bed in the rear of the truck. They will fit good were the spare tire goes under the truck. The plus side to this is they are a pretty cheap setup to buy, they are like $138 or somthing on amazon.com :2cents :Thumbsup
ya i'm toying with that idea as well. but im pushing towards getting disc brakes before winter first. the aux tank was just a gee wizz cuz it was local and cheap. the factory tank works, and i'll have the gf's 4x4 to make any trips outta town. (lexus is300 isn't a winter car in ak ya know)