Damon"s 62/67 W300 Project. now with photo link

This area is for the Powerwagon 4X4 Enthusiast!
damon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Damon"s 62/67 W300 Project. now with photo link

Post by damon »

Hey folks, I just thought I would post some photos of my ongoing almost 3 year restoration project, but this site won't let me download any of my digital photos because the individual files are to large. It's a 1967 W300 Powerwagon with the Poly 318 4 speed, Dana 70's with 5.86 gears, and front mounted p.t.o. winch. It is a retired Navy / Retired fire truck. when the navy had it, it had the 9ft Utiline bed, when the fire dept had it they had a tanker on it. When I started the restoration on it, it had 40,000 miles on it. The cab was rusted so I found a nice 62 D300 and bought it for a parts truck. I used the cab off it. I've went through just about everything. I went back basically stock on the engine. 30 over with new pistons, cam & lifters, valves, oil pump, distributor, etc. Then truck was origanally Navy "Haze Grey" so that's what I went back with. The frame, Dash, inner fenders, and anything else black I Painted "Pitch Black" and the engine, trans, and transfer case I went back with "Chrysler Industrial Red" Also on the frame I Put on 3 coats of RustBullet after sandbasting. everything else got epoxy primer then urethane primer. so far I have spent over 2,200 dollars on paint. and I have 200 + receipts plus and I am well over 650 hours of work myself on it, not to count hundreds of hours looking for parts. I've done most of the sanding & priming on the body parts, but I have a friend who is a pro paint & body man, he's doing the body work & finish painting on the body parts, I've paid him for about 98 hours he's done on it so far. I'm still looking for a nice drivers door. I found a n.o.s. passenger door. I have all new rubbers and exterior handles for the doors whenever I find the drivers side one. since I used the 62 cab I need the pull handle style. Next I get to find a nice 9ft utiline bed. any help anyone could give me locating parts would be greatly appreciated. I'm no professional at this but I'm doing the best I can. I posted some photos on the link below. click on it to see them if interested.

Thanks;
Damon
fulton, Missouri

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mopar_d/
Last edited by damon on Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
62/67 W300 318 being restored. retired Navy / Fire truck
98 Dodge D1500 318 auto
03 Dodge Neon SXT
87 Chrysler Lebaron coupe 2.5 auto
76 F600 retired fire truck made into 5th wheel trk 330 v8 4sp 37,000 miles 4 SALE
53 Farmall Super W6
51 Farmall Super C

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Damon"s 1962 / 67 W300 Powerwagon project

Post by Hobcobble »

Sounds like some great progress! The 9ft Utiline boxes are tough to find.
Where are you located?
John