This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

the crew cab has landed!!

Post by wideblock »

i took delivery of my shiney baby blue 69 crew cab d200 short bed last night. woooooooooooo hooooooooooooo :Thumbsup so all you guys that looked at the for sale post on it, HAHAHA its sold :dance :dance boy does she drive nice, and the power steering is a touchy *#%^$. a/c blows ice cold, and on my trip tomorrow to houston, the twin saddle tanks are gonna be nice. but i think the cruise control will be even nicer. ill get some pics posted after the trip. i just couldnt be happier right now! :lol:
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

FredM
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by FredM »

New pickup and it's not on your signature line.
Wideblock, that may need to change too, you are
turning in to a LA boy :thinking

no more wideblock LA boy, LA boy LA boy :dance

HellBelly
Founder
Founder
City: Dallas
State: TX

Post by HellBelly »

Congrats Trey! That sure looked like a nice truck! Make sure you added it to the members ride area

:goodpost
Scott Blaylock (Founder/Admin)
http://www.Sweptline.ORG
http://www.SweptlineTruckRegistry.com

1965 Dodge SWB D100 (Utiline)
1968 Dodge LWB D100 (Sweptline)
1970 Dodge LWB D100 (Dude)

Daddiojoe
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Congrats, Trey!

Post by Daddiojoe »

:Thumbsup :Thumbsup :Thumbsup

Glad to hear you're happy. Tell us all about the engine, trip, etc when you get back. Is it the same length as your longbed? How do the two compare? Did you sell your other truck?

Where was it listed, can you post a link?

Congrats again.

Enquiringly,

Joe
1971 4-eyed Shortbed D100 225 /6 727 AT 3.23 rear running on Sweet Lady Propane

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by wideblock »

hey joe, the truck i bought, and the truck im selling are both listed with all the details in the parts for sale section of this forum.

as far as differences, night and freaking day!

hydro versus mechanical clutch is waaaaaayaayayyyyy different, i prefer the hydro on the 66.

the power steering on the crew cab is way too touchy, gonna take some getting used to. might wind up swapping it back to the manual set up it came with. power steering has less turning radius then manual, and thats not a good quality on such a long truck.

with it being a crew, the front seat moves back further from the wheel then the standard cab, so i gots me some leg room.

the trucks are basically the same, run and drive pretty close, but the 69 is like a refined version of the 66. the 66 is the bare bones man truck, the 69 is a bit more sofisticated.
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Way to go Trey! Glad to hear you wound up with it :Thumbsup Fred is
right.... you'll have to go by "Narrowblock" now. Power steering and A/C...
dang! you're real UPTOWN now!
John

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by wideblock »

despite whats new in the driveway, there are still more wideblocks then narrow ones here :Thumbsup at least untill one of you bums buys them from me. :lol:
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

HellBelly
Founder
Founder

Re: the crew cab has landed!!

Post by HellBelly »

wideblock66 wrote:but i think the cruise control will be even nicer.
Cruise?? I need to see a picture of this cruise control please, inside and out!! :study

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

crewcab

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Funny Trey gets a crew cab, and their is a picture of a crewcab with a pie plate behind it in Classic Truck magazine. Their sure is an increase in the Sweptlines, and most of them don't come to the forums! :thinking

Red
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Red »

Scott noticed a surge in hits after I got a letter in Mopar Muscle published with this and Kris's websites mentioned in it. Might be what we need to do with Classic truck and Truckin magazines along with The other mopar rags out there. The only way to get more exposure for our trucks and get the aftermarket and resto houses attention is to expose them to our market and let them know we exist in large enough numbers to make it a viable market. I know George! makes new lenses, you can get fenders, floors, door skins, and complete step wells from Vintage PowerWagons, roberts motorparts has floormatts and other rubber.It would be great to see all these products gathered into one supplier with a catalog. I am working on a bussiness card to keep in my trucks with this website address on it to pass out when people ask me about my truck. after I finish it and get Scotts approval I would like to add it to the down load section so that any of us can print them to hand out. That way mabye we could get more recognition and exposure. Sorry for being so long winded but I believe with effort we as group can accomplish this goal.
I was a cute baby. My mom said when I was born they threw away the mold. Some of it grew back- Emo Phillips
http://community.webshots.com/user/greenbean119

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by wideblock »

beat you to it red :dance i have got bussiness cards with all 3 sites printed up, not many left, i put them under windshield wipers if i cant find an owner. and across the bottom i put "tell'em trey sent you" sad part is i havent seen any new members from my area, i hope you have better luck then i did. 44 out of 50 cards distributed, not one hit :banghead
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

Red
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Red »

:censored well Ill try, hey Trey, mines longer than yours, but yours is better looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crew cab that is!
I was a cute baby. My mom said when I was born they threw away the mold. Some of it grew back- Emo Phillips

bean
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Cuba
State: AL

Post by bean »

What the sweptline world need is a little good ole advertisement. Sweptline popularity has risen in my area in the past 3 years, there are now 4 sweptlines runnin around town instead of just my 70. But really put an advertisement for the site in classic trucks, mopar muscle, truckin or some other magazines, and people are goind to come to the site. THINK BIG TO BE BIG!!!!!
1965 Utiline D100 Shorty.../6...3spd...orange...102,000 miles.

1970 Shortbox D100...318...727...almond white..467,000 miles...currently in restoration..

1991 Dodge Ram 50

1968 C@^^@R()
My web page: http://www.myspace.com/chainsawdudewitprobs

HellBelly
Founder
Founder

Post by HellBelly »

Red that sounds like a plan! When you get it done send me over what you got and I'll get it uploaded to the download section. you might be able to submit it yourself, I'll need to look.

Did you say you got the site published in Mopar Muscle? What issue?

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

As for Treys new truck , he was right ,the pic's dont do anything for it , the truck is just so clean , both in & out even under the hood , Congrats on the new truck there LA boy :Thumbsup :lol: :clap , as for you red just mag did you say it was in ?
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Red
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Red »

It was the issue that had Tom Sutters customized 66 swept in it, it was in the letters in the back of the issue, I kinda wonder if it didnt speed up toms truck getting featured, it wasnt in the previews in the previous issue. Ill dig it out and get the issue date, I was just shocked my Ranting leter got published, let alone a swept getting featured in the same issue!

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by wideblock »

hey dave, i may have an LA under my hood, but mines bigger then yours :finger LMAO!!!!
at least untill your bro inlaw comes to get the 66, im still wide block. and no matter what i have in the future, my first dodge, the one that got me started in all this, was a wideblock. so there wont be a name change, and i still believe the poly (wideblock) was one of the best damn motors dodge ever put in these trucks. when your bro gets the 66 home, why dont you two tie the rear bumpers togather and let him proove it to you. ahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahaaaaaaaa.

by the way guys, the 66 is sold and going to a good home. daves bro inlaw is getting my baby. :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

Red
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Red »

look for the May issue with the red 68 Hemi clone dart on the front. My letter is on page 114, Titled "Ok we get it!". Sutters dodge is on page 36, I wish he came to the site, I want to know what it took to put the late wiper setup on the early cab.

RussRoth
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Vancouver, WA

Post by RussRoth »

Red wrote: I want to know what it took to put the late wiper setup on the early cab.
I did that with mine. You need the later linkage and to bend up a piece of sheetmetal for the pivot mount. I also used (because I already had the timer) a wiper motor from an AMC to give me intermittent capability. Has been working fine for over 4 years. :dance

RR