This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Germany
State: Foreign

New from Germany

Post by 6969 »

Hi folks,

after enjoying my '69 Charger for over 5 years and having upgraded the technicals (ignition, carb, electricals, some mechanicals) to a very strong car I felt it is time to start a new project.

During our vacation in the US in May/June this year (4 days NY, 3 days SFO, 2 weeks with an RV down US 1 and back up through L.A., Death Valley and Yosemite I found an A100 truck on craigslist. Long story short, on our last day after returning the RV we had plenty of time until our return flight departed SFO.
Hence, we rented a van (Dodge, of course) and met Joshua near Santa Cruz. He had a model '69 A100 Pickup for sale - original 318, 727 Loadflite, power steering, five window, California black plates, all the options you want. :dance: Engine runs strong, AT shifts smoothely but power steering is disabled - it is very strongly seeping PS-fluid.

Bill of sale was quickly done together with a down payment in cash and we took off back to Germany.

A week later the truck was fully paid and I was anxiously waiting that the truck would be picked up. Took another week. A further week and a half the truck was leaving LA in a container. Thanks to my friend Piot in LA the bed was properly cleaned and safeworthy parts stored inside the cab.

Again, waiting time. 4 weeks later, the truck arrived in Germany, another 1.5 weeks later customs clearance was done and I was able to pickup the pickup in Bremerhaven. Now the little one is here at my home and all electric is already done. Now for the mechanical part.... Some body work is required, fortunately nothing "un-doable", as far as I can tell.

I will open another thread in the A100 section and have already secured Jim's great restoration documentation. Jim was also helpful in me getting access to the forum, and thanks to Ben for activating my account.

OK guys, lets just start to *#%^$ about me :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLz_v-OczTo

Oh, and whomever is interested, here's my small playground at home (although, my daily driver, a loaded 2009 Phaeton 4.2 is missing):

I made a nice little video with my Charger earlier this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl6HjO0ztTA

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Re: New from Germany

Post by wally426ci »

Great find and nice Charger!

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Post by my5thmopar »

Welcome. Some of us here have a soft spot for the A100s. Enjoy and have fun. Craig

CSS-Registry
Administrator
Administrator
City: Gainesville, Florida
State: FL

Post by CSS-Registry »

welcome aboard!

my first car was a 69 Charger with a slant 6 three on the tree in Spring Green with a white interior and top. mine was a total turd. your charger looks great!

Ben
Custom Sports Special
& High Performance Package
R E G I S T R Y

Jims68
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Edgewater Park
State: NJ

Post by Jims68 »

HI Jens :welcome , I am glad you got "Settled" in here at the Sweptline site! :salut

I didn't realize how long it takes to get a vehicle from the US to Germany... but the end result is well worth the effort! I hope to see more of your van during "repair".

I don't suppose that many A-100 vans are in Europe! :thinking
Jim

Sweptline Restoration CD page: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1489