Going on a rant about warranty, recalls and people...

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Baileyville
State: KS

Going on a rant about warranty, recalls and people...

Post by facechicken »

I am gonna go on a rant later today....it will be posted on here and its not directed towards anyone in general. I am a service manager at a Chryler, Dodge, Jeep and GM dealership (for those that dont know) and i have been dealing with alot of bullshit lately in regards to recalls. I have to get ahold of myself here and calm down before i go on too big of a swear-laden rant.

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Re: Going on a rant about warranty, recalls and people...

Post by wally426ci »

It will just replace your bad words with little symbols or (edited) so you're cool. :joker

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Most of the time. :lol: :lol:
John

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

Problem with recalls is people let their emotions govern their response to a recall. I personally do not get stupid over them and just deal with it and get it fixed. News media likes to make it sound so much worse than they usually are. Better headlines when its in your face.
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by facechicken »

I have calmed down quite a bit over the past few hours so i dont think i am gonna do that big of rant.....work is testing me thanks to all these recalls that are coming out.

People need to stop watching the news. Just because you have a recall, it doesnt mean you are gonna get killed tomorrow if i dont get it fixed RIGHT NOW. I had a stearing linkage recall on an 03 Ram 2500 with 288,000 miles on it 288K!!!!! He told me that he didnt feel safe driving the truck until we fixed it. He wanted me to drop everything and fix it right then and there! He uses it as a farm truck.....i told him there was a shortage of parts and i had a list of people and he would just have to wait until i got his part and it was his turn.....he said that wasnt gonna work and he wanted it fixed now (this was all done by phone mind you) The recall was that on a certain style of steering linkage, the left tie rod COULD fracture under certain circumstances causing loss of steering. HIS TRUCK IS AN 03 WITH 288,000+ MILES ON IT!!!! I told him that if it was gonna break, it would have broken already! He still wasnt satisfied so i told him to swing it by the shop and we would check to make sure its fine but i couldnt fix it that day. He brought it by and he didnt even have the steering linkage that was causing the probem....AND HE STILL DEMANDED THAT I CHANGE IT AND HAVE IT BE FREE BECAUSE ITS A RECALL!!!! I told him, sure i can change it and then you will have to pay for it. He didnt like that very much, and i havent heard from him since.

The airbag recalls are gettting out of hand as well. This is a summary of my 18-times-a-day phone conversations since the news took over : No your 85 Chrysler LeBaron doesnt have the recall for an airbag......i know the news says some dodges have it.......no i cant just replace it and have it be free.....it doesnt work that way......and no your 94 concorde doesnt have it either. No your airbag is not gonna blow up while you are driving and kill everyone on the highway......no thats not what the news is saying is gonna happen......if your airbag blows during a crash it can shoot small bits out of it, thats what the concern is......no your 91 Caravan is not covered under the recall........i dont care if your airbag light is on, its not covered under that recall...i know the news says something about an airbag recal, it doesnt mean every airbag in every model is covered....

Another one. Anything that is not made by chrysler and installed by chrysler that causes something to go wrong...its not covered under warranty. Dude installed some aftermarket mudflap on a new dodge ram (installed them himself) and it messed up the fender flares and they came loose.....THATS COVERED BY WARRANTY, I ONLY HAVE 5,000 MILES ON THE TRUCK, no you screwed up the fender flare, you installed the flaps, its your fault, not chryslers, that your a damn idiot!

If you take a diesel engine, that is under warranty, and remove the EGR system and install an aftermarket performance system and it blows up.....ITS NOT UNDER WARRANTY! If you delete the exhaust and get a big loud aftermarket exhaust system and something happens....ITS NOT UNDER WARRANTY! Also if your truck has 44,000 miles on it and a wire was cut by something in the field and you have a 4wd light on.....its not covered by warranty either.....had a guy tell me ITS COVERED CUZ I PAID CASH FOR THIS VEHICLE BRAND NEW (at some other dealership).......good for you, now go buy yourself a fix for that wiring with the cash left over from paying for your truck.

GM IGNITION RECALLS : This recall came about because idiots put 8lbs of *#%^ on their key rings. Of course there can be unintended ignition rotation if you have a small brick hanging from your key ring. I cant believe GM made this a recall. ITS ALL BASED ON IDIOTS PUTTING TOO MUCH WEIGHT ON A KEY RING! Congratulations people, GM is now recalling your ignorance.

And people wonder why new trucks cost $60,000+ its because they are rolling all those expected warranty and idiot fees into the vehicle price, cuz they aint loosin money, thats for damn sure.

I dont even want to get into this new recall about buy backs (which it isnt). They are gonna offer you $1000 over fair market value. And if you had the recall fixed already, you a shitoutofluck, you get nothing! I am gonna be slammed with calls over that one for awhile...thanks FCA...appreciate it....
Hell i have already taken loads of calls because of it.

and finally i will leave you all with this.......I dont care what a "big city" dealer told you to sell you the vehicle......if you think it should be covered and it isnt...maybeyou should take the damn thing back to where you bought it. "But its so far out of the way and you are right here" Well it didnt bother you to drive that far to buy it, have fun driving that far to get it serviced! Had a couple tell me they drove 2 hours away to buy this new Grand Cherokee, knowing that they coud bring it here to get fixed........WE SELL NEW AND USED CARS HERE AND THEY DIDNT EVEN STOP BY TO LOOK! Turns out, we could have sold them the same exact vehicle for $1k less because we dont change document fees and all that nonsense. And if you didnt know people, you wont get as good of deal on repairs unless you bought the vehicle from where you are having it serviced. I know dealerships that add at least an extra half an hour labor if you didnt buy it there, regardless of what it is being fixed.

Anyways, i could go on for hours, but i am getting tired of typing. Sorry, had to let off some steam. This isnt intended for anyone on here personally, i just needed a place to let loose for a bit.

Thanks guys :Thumbsup
Last edited by facechicken on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cody100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Inwood
State: Foreign

Post by Cody100 »

I can relate to you completely, I work at a parts control unit for a public insurance company and based on some of the phone calls I get on a daily basis I have to worry about the state of our education system.
Cody

1966 D-100 Custom

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Post by my5thmopar »

I'm kind of wanting a new truck. Maybe you can help me out with my 2002 Dak with 113K. I'm sure it is fixing to blow up or something like that. Just think of all the innocent people that could be injured when it explodes. Come on man throw me a bone! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just keep ranting....sometimes ya gotta let it out. :banghead

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by facechicken »

:lol: :lol: 10 minutes at work today and 2 phone calls asking if their vehicles are part of the recall thats all over tv and people are talking about.....gonna be a long day :lol: :lol: and one of em said they wanted to make sure it was safe to drive :lol:

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

facechicken wrote::lol: :lol: 10 minutes at work today and 2 phone calls asking if their vehicles are part of the recall thats all over tv and people are talking about.....gonna be a long day :lol: :lol: and one of em said they wanted to make sure it was safe to drive :lol:
Not to send you over the edge Keith :lol: ..... but the airbag recall does apply to an '07 Dakota, doesn't
it? The reason I ask is that I'm trying to sell one for my mom and she just received a notification
in the mail having to do with airbags. :thinking
John

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by facechicken »

Its happening on here also :lol:

But, yeah its 05-11 Dakotas. If her name isnt listed in FCAs records as the owner, she wont get anything in the mail....it will go to the last owner info that FCA has listed. If you give me the last 8 digits of the VIN # i can look and make sure its on there :Thumbsup Hell i think i can even change it to show the current owner info :study

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Can u also get her an expedited appt at her dealer for the repair? They are trying to sell it right away and it has to be safe to drive.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:Can u also get her an expedited appt at her dealer for the repair? They are trying to sell it right away and it has to be safe to drive.
..... And with that..... Keith went "over the edge"..... :lol: :lol:

John

swptln
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Brookfield
State: MA

Post by swptln »

Aren't these new vehicles just great. It amazes me today with all the stupid crap on vehicles for idiot drivers. It's no wonder there aren't more recalls than what there are and it just keeps driving the cost of vehicles to ridiculous prices.
The wife and I went looking at new Jeeps last weekend to possibly replace her 2000 Cherokee and I'll tell you after looking at all the new vehicles I personally have absolutely no desire to buy a new vehicle at all.
Remember when you had to drive a car or truck :lol:
All this new traction control, sway control, vibrating seats, auto braking, might as well hire a freaking cab and let someone else drive :thinking
Mark D.

61-71 Dodge Truck Association
http://www.sweptlinesunlimited.com

1968 W200 Sweptline
1969 D100 Utiline
1993 D250 Club Cab

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by facechicken »

Tell you what terry, if john brings it to my deaership I will drop everything I am doing and personaly fix it myself :lol: :Thumbsup

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

Hobcobble wrote:[but the airbag recall does apply to an '07 Dakota, doesn't
it? The reason I ask is that I'm trying to sell one for my mom and she just received a notification
in the mail having to do with airbags. :thinking
John
Doesn't the notification state what it is for? I once received a recall notice in the mail. It stated that it was a recall notice, gave a overview of the problem and gave me instructions on what to do.

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by facechicken »

Soop, thats another problem. Sometimes they send out recall notifications in the mail and they state in the letter that there is no fix as of yet and when a fix becomes available they will send out another notification......people dont read them, they get them in the mail and call and try to schedule it and get pissy when i tell them there is no fix as of yet. Then they watch the news and think that its talking about their recall, when it isnt, and call in again and say that the news says theres a fix for the recall and get mad when i tell them its for a different recall.
Which goes back to my "people are f@ckin stupid" argument, and people shouldnt watch the news for any reason.......
Bout enough to drive me to drinking again :lol:

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

soopernaut wrote:
Doesn't the notification state what it is for? I once received a recall notice in the mail. It stated that it was a recall notice, gave a overview of the problem and gave me instructions on what to do.
I'm getting this information over the phone from an 81yr old lady.... so I thought it best to
confirm with Keith as he's in the "biz". It mentions something about receiving a 2nd letter
with more definitive information. :study :thinking
John

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

swptln wrote:Aren't these new vehicles just great. It amazes me today with all the stupid crap on vehicles for idiot drivers. It's no wonder there aren't more recalls than what there are and it just keeps driving the cost of vehicles to ridiculous prices.
The wife and I went looking at new Jeeps last weekend to possibly replace her 2000 Cherokee and I'll tell you after looking at all the new vehicles I personally have absolutely no desire to buy a new vehicle at all.
Remember when you had to drive a car or truck :lol:
All this new traction control, sway control, vibrating seats, auto braking, might as well hire a freaking cab and let someone else drive :thinking
You'll love this one then....
I own a 2015 W2500 Crew Cab Ram. It is the "Tradesman" model.... or the base offering.
It came with the "Snow Chief" plow package. Come to find out, with the increased
computerization and sensitivity of electrical system, hooking up the plow light harness
prompts the truck's general head lamp circuit to identify it as an "overload", thus, killing
the trucks head lamps. I was warned that too many "overloads" may possibly cause
this circuit to stay in protection mode permanently and I'd have to have a dealership
back me out of the problem. We ended up routing the plow light harness through one
of the factory [Ram] supplied dashboard outfitter switches. What a load of crap-ola.... :censored
My truck equipment pal told me this isn't just a Ram issue. He's had all the other
makes report the same problem.
John

facechicken
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by facechicken »

Yep, thats the fun of new vehicles....just had a guy stop by and say "i hear theres recalls on Ram trucks, can you guys do mine today?" He didnt have the truck with him, didnt know his VIN number, didnt know what year of truck he had.......

66patrick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Central
State: OK

Post by 66patrick »

The media LOVES to stir up fear, hate, discontent and anger.
[b]Patrick - 1969 D300 cab & chassis[/b]