JimBobTheDancingBear
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Glenpool
State: OK

Another New Guy

Post by JimBobTheDancingBear »

Hello Gents,

I am the new owner of a 1966 W200 Crew Cab Power Wagon. I got it off the craigslist from North LA and brought her out to Oklahoma to be fixed up. She is equipped with a PTO winch, original Poly 318, 4 speed, NP 201, typical Spicer 44 front and 60 rear, large tow mirrors, big back glass, seat belts front and rear, heavy duty gauges, hydraulic clutch, power brakes and loads of rust.

The guy I purchased it from flat out lied to me about the rust. Typical I can accept but I now have to replace the whole top of the cab as the sealant in the drip rails is gone. It allowed water in and rusted the pillars.Worse than that is the guy never had the title for the truck. I luckily track down the widow of the original owner and she is trying to help us out by getting us a title. Hopefully that will happen soon.

Onward. I have since purchased a 69 parts truck with a good top and other parts such as an inner finder I need to replace and extra parts I will be selling. I had my heart dead set on a 66 to haul the little one's in and to match my 66 Charger. This will become our family travel rig when the kids are a little older (one and three right now) for camping, riding dirt bikes and anything else.

The plan is the same as many crew cabs. A modern Cummins swap, I plan for an auto, early 90's 3/4 ton axles, recovered seats, sound deadner, A/C as Oklahoma summers can be brutal, tinted windows, paint and electrical.

The fun has begun as I have been able to get her to run but she leaked gas out of the carb. I got that rebuilt and the starter crapped out on me. The previous owner did some nice work to the truck and took care of it. It has an old electric fuel pump from the 70's and an old sun tack. I put brake fluid in the brake reservoir and clutch reservoir. The clutch pumped up and worked with out bleeding but the brakes where a different story. I came out the next day from messing with it and both reservoirs had leaked the fluid into the cab so they will need rebuilt.

I don't expect much to happen to quick as I will be taking the 69 apart and selling off the parts I do not need and are worth selling. The 66 (Missy) will sit until I am ready to work on her. For now my Charger is my daily driver and needs a few small things to make her a more pleasurable driver.

Thoughts are welcome. I know everyone loves pics so here are a couple. The link is my facebook page with more pics to look over.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ec6e813d54

Shawn
Attachments
Charger
Charger
after a bath
after a bath
Before a bath and with my daughter
Before a bath and with my daughter

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Re: Another New Guy

Post by Txas2step »

:welcome nice truck and great Charger. Best 2 U on your re-build. Keep the pictures coming. Chris.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Welcome to the site. :welcome :usa Looks like a nice rig.
I'm digging the Charger as well. :Thumbsup
John

JimBobTheDancingBear
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Besides the rust this truck is nice and clean. I have parted out parts of the 71 W200 parts truck and am really looking forward to getting to work on this truck. Eventually the motor, trans, front and rear axle will be for sale. I also will have a core support (has a hole cut in it), two fenders, two inner fenders, a set of bucket seats and some other odds and ends. I have no way of knowing if the mileage is accurate but the original owner purchased it to take his kids camping.
Attachments
Gauge crudd.jpg
Serial Number.jpg
Equipment Sert Tag.jpg
66 Power Wagon Data Plate.JPG

JimBobTheDancingBear
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Really bad rust do to the seam sealer in the drip rails drying out. This will necessitate a top replacment as you can see daylight out both sides of the cab above the front doors.

There is also an old school sun tach that was put on pretty early.
Attachments
Interior as received.jpg
Tach 1.jpg
Rust 2.jpg
Rust 1.jpg

JimBobTheDancingBear
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Only pic I have of the all original Poly 318 and the factory PTO winch. We took the winch off as the truck is in outside storage and I didn't want it to walk off.
Attachments
Winch Removal.jpg
Under hood.jpg

dahooligan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: portville new york

Post by dahooligan »

wow that did rust bad....are ya sure that didn't come from ny state....thats what we deal with when ones lucky enough to find one here... :lol:

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

dahooligan wrote:wow that did rust bad....are ya sure that didn't come from ny state....thats what we deal with when ones lucky enough to find one here... :lol:
I'll second that one!
John :lol:

JimBobTheDancingBear
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

I wasn't to happy when the truck showed up to drop it off. The cab is going to cost me a fortune to fix. Luckily I have an understanding wife and plan on keeping the truck for many years to come.

sdenty
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Buena Park
State: CA

Post by sdenty »

I've sectioned a roof on a sweptline(see my build) not as bad as you may think.There is a rust free roof for sale on ebay.

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

Awesome pair you have there! Good luck with the build.
Doug

jakas66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Huntley
State: MT

Post by jakas66 »

WOW! That's some nasty rust. Sorry to hear yet again that some folks are less than honest. Your Charger is very nice and happens to one of the few MoPars I have on my wish list. Love that first year body style and it also happens to made the same year I was born. Good luck on the PU project.
1966 D100 Swepline Poly 318/4 speed
1958 D100 stepside Poly 315
1983 2wd Ramcharger 440/OD 4-speed
1977 Power Wagon 318/auto
And a few others lurking about