1968 Dodge Pickup (Heater Box)

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
SixFootTen

1968 Dodge Pickup (Heater Box)

Post by SixFootTen »

My grandfather gave me his 1968 Dodge 3/4 ton pickup. The thing has 83,000 original miles on it, and drives like a dream. However, it has a mouse nest in the heater blower box and I can't figure out how to take it apart to clean it out.

Any suggestions?

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

yeap

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

You can take the fan motor out and get access to the heater box! their are screw/bolt combo's around the outside of the fan motor closes to the passenger side door, once you have all them out the fan will slide out, you then will be able to see the heater core, what you can't get by hand a vacuam can. :?

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

OR you can unhook the hoses & there 4bolts next to them & take out the hole box , then take it apart you can also tell us more about you & your truck , welcome to the site
8)
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

scoutski
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by scoutski »

Cowboy's advice to remove the whole box is good because while it is out you can wash everything. Check the space between the glove box and heater box as this is another favored nesting place for rodents. It would be advisable to inspect the under dash wiring at this time. A bare spot on a wire could cause a major problem down the road.
Scoutski
68 W200 PW (sold to Big-J)with a 76 200 por nada
77 Scout II Original
74 Scout II SSII clone
69 800 Gold Key
65 80-800 parts
68 1300 PU with venerable 266
76 Scout II XLC parts truck
55 R110 PU parts???