This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Hewy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Riverside
State: CA

The car/truck hobby advantage

Post by Hewy »

With all the talk of mergers ( GM/Chrysler)we in the hobby have a great advantage over other people who just drive things to get from point A to point B.
I will venture to say that all of us on this forum and other forums as well,know a hell of a lot more about vehicle mechanics than the a fore mentioned "other people"
I say hobby even though some us do drive our old trucks daily and not restore, but maintain and enjoy driving and just like being around cars and trucks, both old and new.
But here is the advantage :old trucks are some much easier to work on right? We don't need all the diagnostic equipment just a wrench a screw driver and a hammer once in a while :lol:
We see the beauty in that hunk of metal.Hey primer is a good thing. :clap And go out on the town and have people look.........That's a neat old truck........ah what is it?
Just last week I was driving my 64 to Home Depot, as I turned into the parking lot,a truck was coming out .A big spanking new Ford one ton crew cab, huge tires, bright red.
The driver leans out and looks me in the eye, stuck out his thumb with and a grin on his face................ "nice truck" he sez
I guess what I'm tying to say here is in these bad times we can at least still enjoy our trucks and do it a whole lot cheaper than that new $40k+ truck I saw at Home Depot
Keep on Truckin :salut
"Hewy"
1964 D100 318 poly sweptline
1964 D100 225 /6 short utiline