Spark Plugs, get the juice!!

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
centralwildcat
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Spark Plugs, get the juice!!

Post by centralwildcat »

I don't know if ya'll remember, I bought a blue 69 CC Camper Special with the 383/727...it had some trouble running...well after I changed out the plugs...it runs like a top!
The guy I bought the truck from told me he changed the plugs/wires/cap/rotor.....SO much for taking him at his word!! Oh well his loss, I have a good running CC for $400 all because he didn't change the plugs out :clap
I just had to share the good news, mattc

steven
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by steven »

Plugs and wires most of the time can do wonders!

Unfortunately, they didnt make any difference on the chally. :pale Still idles rough.

Good to hear! :Thumbsup
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5speed
1971 Dodge Challenger #'s 383/727
1974 Dodge D600 318 5+2
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins HO

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

Now that's a deal :Thumbsup
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

TedWitt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Magnolia
State: TX

Re: Spark Plugs, get the juice!!

Post by TedWitt »

Dave, I put platnum plugs in my '01 and it ran good for about 10,000 miles then got really bad and the check engine lite came on, I got the code and called The Dealership and was told to NEVER put platnum plugs in any dodge ever built. They said to run Copper Plus, I did and it's been running perfect (of course, it's a dodge).

Butch Romig
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: garnett ks

Post by Butch Romig »

i always run bosch platinum in my dakota,they are great!!!!!1
butch

TedWitt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Magnolia

Post by TedWitt »

The guys at the Dodge Dealership said they come factory with champion copper plus and for me to run those, so I guess whatever works go for it.

fosh69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Firestone
State: CO

Post by fosh69 »

IMHO, I don't see what difference it would make apart from the compression chamber design and the plug design and heat rating. The spark voltage on most ignition systems are very similar, aren't they? I can understand the way they were engineered form the factory and am not certain why the engineers lean toward the Champions whether it be a better product or just some kind of kickbacks from the company. I have heard that Champions are the ones to use in a MoPar, though, for whatever reason. Perhaps the fellow just didn't have all the wires snapped onto the plugs or in the cap, and thought it was a bigger problem... Oh well, his loss!
4eye 69

OO\===/OO

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

fosh69
your right I wasted $5.00 a plug on Bosh platinum's, and before that I had the ones with 2 firing stems, total waste of money, they don't do as well as just regular champions, you can change them out and there is absolutly no difference other than the champion plugs will last longer with the MSD ingition, the rest burn out fast and no improvement on horse power etc. just like the BS about the K&N air filter allegedly giving you horspower, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :withstupid I tried that experment also, it had no effect at all, another waste of money :puke :bs

fosh69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Firestone

Post by fosh69 »

I honestly think the only way you really notice the horsepower gain from those things will be on a dyno. The seat-of-the-pants test is pretty unreliable.
4eye 69

OO\===/OO

Gilesie
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Melbourne
State: Foreign
Location: Melbourne Australia, Just the other side of the pond

Post by Gilesie »

centralwildcat wrote:I don't know if ya'll remember, I bought a blue 69 CC Camper Special with the 383/727...it had some trouble running...well after I changed out the plugs...it runs like a top!
The guy I bought the truck from told me he changed the plugs/wires/cap/rotor.....SO much for taking him at his word!! Oh well his loss, I have a good running CC for $400 all because he didn't change the plugs out :clap
I just had to share the good news, mattc
sounds like you got the beter end of the deal
congrats
Regards Rod
fosh69 wrote:there is no greater triumph than to face the greatest of tragedies with nothing but a pocketful of love and come out the victor.

HellBelly
Founder
Founder
City: Dallas

Post by HellBelly »

I have a story along these lines.

I had a 1972 Cheyenne Pickup 350 auto, good running truck, but the motor was getting tired. My buddy had a 1966 Charger Poly 318. Body was in great shape. Engine wouldn't stay running. He was frustrated with it and was heading off to boot camp and needed a truck/car to get there. We did an even trade for the Truck and the 66 Charger.

I two footed the charger home the next morning and pulled it into my garage, where I promptly saw that he had 3 different types of spark plugs wires on the car. I ran to auto parts store, bought plugs and wires. Put them all on "correctly" and the car fired right up and idled. He had a few wires in the wrong spot, that was the main issue.

I drove the car over to his house that evening... his mouth hit the floor. It was great!

X-wife got the car in my divorce... :banghead
Scott Blaylock (Founder/Admin)
http://www.Sweptline.ORG
http://www.SweptlineTruckRegistry.com

1965 Dodge SWB D100 (Utiline)
1968 Dodge LWB D100 (Sweptline)
1970 Dodge LWB D100 (Dude)