This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

I know its been awhile/ Ford 0 Sweptline 1

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

yes there are some of us that are stuck driving our Hotrods to work, even the "other" guys. 6:30am leaving to work, come up to stoplight with dual left hand lane, as I approach I see a 1965 Ford Fairlane 2 door with Cragar SS wheels, so I pull up beside him, and of coarse, the 440 isn't warm, so I have to slip up to nuetral to keep it idleing, so I'm thinking "no badges on side of car, so Its a 289cu, and 2 door so it weighs about 2800lbs, probably 3:90 gears :thinking no lope in the motor so stock) We get the green light and I skip and go to 1st, and we roll side by side through the turn (5mph so you know he wants to get it on) so I'm like OK "LETS DO IT" as soon as we straighten out=WAAAABAAA YEEEEHHHAAAA, of coarse the small block jumps out in front of me by his full car length, so I'm coming out of the fish tail, I tell the 440 "LETS EAT THAT SUN OF A BISCUIT EATER" catch him as soon as I shift to second and put him 2 good truck lengths behind and now we are doing 65mph coming to a stop light thats it, over, finished, shift to 3rd and he's already backed off. We come to the next stop light and we are side by side, and I got the 440 in nuetral and she's rollin ROMP, ROMP, ROMP, I turn and look at him in the turn lane and he looks at me and give me the :Thumbsup so I return the :Thumbsup . NOTHING LIKE GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP :usa

Hotfoot
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Hotfoot »

If you can't be a good sport about loosing than you better have the baddast fastest machine around! or get out from behind the wheel! :lol:

Looks like you found a real good sport there. :clap
If it Ain't Breaking than you ain't driving it hard enough!

Jones
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Castle Rock/WA
State: WA

Post by Jones »

:goodpost I agree Hotfoot.

Keith

Robin, Keep em on there toes! I enjoy reading about your conquests! I feel like I'm the passanger. :Thumbsup
62 D100
63 D100 (Parts)
64 D100
2012 Dodge 1500

steven
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by steven »

Jones wrote: Robin, Keep em on there toes! I enjoy reading about your conquests! I feel like I'm the passanger. :Thumbsup
Me too! He's quite the author :Thumbsup

Way to eat one up
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5speed
1971 Dodge Challenger #'s 383/727
1974 Dodge D600 318 5+2
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins HO

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

Hotfoot wrote:If you can't be a good sport about loosing than you better have the baddast fastest machine around!
Which isn't an option! There is always someone faster. :Thumbsup Good job Robin! :Thumbsup

Hey, what ever happened with the trade? :thinking
Doug

dylansd100
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by dylansd100 »

only time ive ever raced was the first time a brand new toyota celica with a big coffee can muffler and that was before my 4 barrel swap so he got me. then I raced my buddy in his hopped up volvo thats pretty quick and that was after my 4 bbl. swap so i whooped him. :Thumbsup
69 d100 adventurer 318 four bbl.
727 / 3.55 rear

Massively Over Powered And Respected
Mutilates Other People At Races

wide65
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by wide65 »

NICE!!!!! :Thumbsup

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

mopardwh
I called to let him know that I wasn't going to the Wednesday after you left, but now today, Sunday, I will call and see if he still wants it for the cummings and sale it to him, the 440 will be my daily driver for awhile, once again :usa

bearstoys
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Nevada

Post by bearstoys »

this tune is for M M R another one bites the dust good job robin :clap :goodpost :clap
BEARS TOYS GONE HILLBILLYS ROCK 71 dodge power wagon crew cab 68 camper special crew cab

JJ
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lawton
State: OK

Post by JJ »

I did something similar a while back to a kid and his girlfriend except I had a barcolounger in the bed. He was driving a new Chevy with the "SS" package. When it was all said and done the chair was back by the tailgate and he wouldn't even look at me. Duel quads beats fuel injection anytime :Thumbsup
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in one hand,cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming,"what a ride&quot

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

JJ What intake are you using??? What cfm carbs????? :thinking