This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
shagrat
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rushville
State: IL

Re: THE WORST CAR YOU HAVE EVER OWNED

Post by shagrat »

I've driven a lot of crap cars, so it's hard to narrow it down...... Probably the 92 Lebaron GTC. Always loved the look of the coupes and convertibles. Bought one a couple years ago, drove it maybe a year then sent it to the crusher where it belonged.

runcharger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: B.C.

Post by runcharger »

Without a doubt, the 1979 Corvette I bought new. It quickly turned me back to Mopars.

Sheldon

TedWitt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Magnolia
State: TX

Post by TedWitt »

I have had the worst luck with Chebeys, only owned one ferd, and English Ferd, like a 1950 model, JUNK. I Love my mopars.

Myascape
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Norwalk
State: IA

Post by Myascape »

1988 Jeep Wrangler. Carter "feedback" carburetor kept freaking out and causing it to die. Wiring harness burned up soon after the problem was diagnosed. Pulled all electronics and rolled it back to a 1979 setup. Spun a main bearing. Replaced engine with, ironically, a '79 motor of same displacement. Ran like a champ until one of my rear axleshafts liberated itself from the housing at 55mph, but I managed to keep the Jeep upright and get it off the road. I recall being eye level with that spinning tire/wheel/axle assembly as it passed me. Jeep was held prisoner by the small-town tow truck company because I couldn't afford to pay the tow all the way back to my town. Barely paid it off and took a huge loss by selling it to a guy who never made the last payment.

I'll stick with my '53 Willys Pickup, thank you. No more AMC/Chrysler Jeeps for me.

matthew
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: nova
State: OH

Post by matthew »

2000 ford taurus. rattled like a diesel from day one,delayed shift into drive. trans self destructed at 50,000. quality job one. traded it on a 2004 dodge stratus when ford would not cover trans. still have the stratus,daughter drives it now. good car wish chrysler still made it would have bought another one.instead bought a 2011 ford focus,sorry have family that works for ford so can't beat the deal. actually like ford cars, hate ford trucks though,older model trucks had scary,lousy front ends,and steering. only like dodge or chevy trucks. actually really like the new chevys,but like my 2003 dakota better,still in good shape. dakotas hold up better body wise than the full size dodge trucks,especially the first gen new rams 94-02 they were rust buckets. i had a 97 in five years the drivers door bottom was gone. my dakota is still in good shape,just starting to show a little rust. not uncommon to see a older dakota around here still in good shape. not so much with the ram.

biker3r
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: visalia
State: CA

Post by biker3r »

Worst, 76' vega bought new What a POS. next worst,87' S-10 Bought it new . at 60,000 miles blew a head gasket, the dealer replaced the engine. Got me thinking what kinda of crap are they building. Beleive it or not the best car was a 94' berreta 330,000 trouble free miles and I didnt baby it.

TedWitt
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Magnolia
State: TX

Post by TedWitt »

I am MOPAR to the BONE,

Enon
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: 46901
State: IN

Post by Enon »

My 85 cavalier. My first of a few 500 dollar cars. Had a switch for the radiator fan and one for the fuel pump. The line ran for the fuel pump had gotten a ground on it and burnt almost to the tank itself. The passenger door didn't open. The fuel gauge didn't work. Speedometer worked when it felt like it. To top it off, it was brown. That should have been the first clue to me!!!!

Myascape
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Norwalk
State: IA

Post by Myascape »

I had an '84 Pontiac Sunbird I got for $400 that was the best running beast I've ever owned...until someone tried to drive through it. Figures.

cudaboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by cudaboy »

Late 70's 4door Granada, with a shakin' inline 6 cyl. . Was my first wifes car when we got married in 1986. I let her drive my 85 Dodge Ram because it had A/C. It didn't take me long to get rid of it. As a matter of fact, I traded it in on my sweptline ! :clap