This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
POWWAG
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Maple Valley
State: WA

Buffalo Hunter!

Post by POWWAG »

Fred sent me an Email with pics about a 70 shorty 1/2T he just drug home and this is the response I sent him. Our wives may want us to start a 12 step group for it. I don't think there is a cure or any help for this. I have 4 swepts in my yard and one is a ramp truck so I can haul more home. My name is Don and I am a Buffalo Hunter.

"Fred, Thats a nice looking shorty. I read in a four wheel drive magazine years ago an editorial about guys who pull old trucks out of the brush. The editor called them Buffalo hunters. Good Buffalo hunting, I play Ted Nugent's "great white Buffalo" every time I get a kill. He also made comment about having one that runs to move the other derelicts around the yard. My names Don and I'm a Buffalo hunter."

Later.....Don

FredM
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by FredM »

Can't figure out why, but some of the people around here call me Fred Sanford, could it be cause of some of the stuff I have :thinking
an old crane, several Dodge pickups, and a few other things.
guess that must be it

Fred

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

could be the big red truck :lol: :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

"i don't know it all, but i know enough to be dangerous"

FredM
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by FredM »

where I picked up the 1/2 ton, as I backed up to hook up the tow bar the guy asked, is that a 1-1/2 ton?
looked shocked when i SAID NO JUST A 1 TON.

Couldn't be, cause it's a faded red and it's not a ford :study wife said it's all the junk I have :thinking I have good stuff, don't know whats wrong with her :banghead

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by wideblock »

i didnt see any "junk" when i was at your place. get that woman some glasses or something! :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

cowboy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by cowboy »

My wife tells me about the same thing , but when I told her that it;s not junk & I keep her old :censored around , the clip to the side of my head was just like mom used to do :lol: :thinking should have just kept my mouth shut :lol: :joker
:usa
cowboy Alvin Tx
67 w100 318 3spd
2005 Ram 2500 CC Diesel 4x4 lwb
LAND OF THE FREE
BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

FredM
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by FredM »

The old woman isn't real bad, she likes me to keep it some what organized :study
I get rigs and parts scattered all over the place then she gets on me :pale rest of the time she says, that they keep me home and gives me something to do :clap She does tell me that I can't have them all, I agree with her, then she reminds me that I have to get the one up the road pretty soon :thinking Has been on me to get one fixed up for her to drive, that means I have to get a couple more for parts

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

Sounds like some husbands suffer from Cat Scratch Fever when they
stock up on sweptlines :lol: . I'm lucky in that my wife actually likes to
go to the boneyards from time to time and she always is willing to lend
a helping hand when needed.... next week.... she's helping me remove
the cab from my '68 D100 project. As far as Buffalo Hunting.... I live just
up the road from Buffalo, NY and I too am an avid hunter.... one on the
road, three running & moving parts trucks and one work in progress.
John

POWWAG
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Maple Valley
State: WA

Post by POWWAG »

A friend called the house one after noon while I was gone getting the crew cab with the B/RB bell housing I'd been looking for. The wife answered the phone and told this friend I was gone buffalo hunting. He asked where? Thinking to himself I was in Montana. She replied "West Seattle"! This created alot of confusion for my friend. Most of my gearhead buddies have adopted the saying and have gone hunting with me or me with them. But this fella just couldn't figure out where there were buffalo you could legally hunt in West Seattle.

The hunting isn't so good in Albuquerque! I've seen 4 or 5 on the road and none in yards or fields. But I'm at work every day 10 or 12 hours. Not much time for hunting. There is a 69 D200 camper special 383/727 in the auto trader I might check on. If its from down here it could be rust free.

Happy Hunting.....Don

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by wideblock »

hey don, i have been from albuquerque to las cruces and back numerous times. the yards are pretty picked clean for old dodges, the ones they did have were stripped down to thier skivvy's. around here, most of the ones in the state are still on the road, or in someones back yard whos "gonna fix it up one day" :Thumbsup
Trey

1965 CSS Utiline.

ex trucks:
70 D100
66 d100
66 d100
67 d100
69 d100
69 d200 crew cab
65 crew cab
66 d100
66 d100

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

buffalo hunting

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

I see sweptlines every day here in Colorado, on the road, in yards, havent been to a bone yard, I always buy my stuff new, or from someone, you would think it was 1980 here with the frequency of seeing these trucks, I can honestly say their are more Dodges, old and new herre than any other make! :Thumbsup

redbbboy

Post by redbbboy »

I agree with you Mountain i allso live in Colorado / Denver ......... not only are there more 61/71 swepts here, the old Colorado trucks are mosley rust free and very reasonably priced..... I thought everyone know Colorado was Dodge Country..old red colorado buffalo hunter.

Hotfoot
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by Hotfoot »

They don't salt the snow and the dry desert climate in Colorado is great for preserving the old beasts. I saw several on the road last year when I visited Denver, Colorado Springs and Fort Collins. Wish I had more time to spend there!

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

redbbboy

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Don't you have the 300? Are you in Denver (the city)? I live in Lakewood and drive truck on the east side Aurora, Commerce City, Lodo, and Denver, I hope to have My Texas sweptline emission tested soon, I have met some of the Sweptline owners here, maybe we could get together for some stories sometime

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

Just got back from a week in Denver/Colorado Springs. I was amazed at all the Dodges I saw!! My wife got tired quick of me constantly commenting when I spotted them. Next time we go I plan on taking the Sweptline and try to do some parts hunting! I have family in Brighton and Littleton.

redbbboy

Post by redbbboy »

Yeah Mountain.........I have the 67 D300, 70 D200 and a 69 D100 truck in parts. I work out of state a lot but maybe we can hook up one day.