This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

So stupid, I had to share

Post by Txas2step »

About a month ago, I took my wipers out to clean up the vent area on my '61, caulk and paint. Well this morning I decided to put it all back together ,quick 20 minute job...wrong.Attached the long pivot arms to the motor,installed the cowl vent plate and the wiper arms.Done?? Hell no! Turned on the wipers and the passenger side slams into the cowl. Wipers going in the same direction. 3 hours later and numerous removals, I thought I was going crazy. I finally pulled out a spare wiper motor I bought from a member a while back and realized I left off one of the motor pivot arms( there are 2 , so the wipers will go in opposite directions). Moral ( take a picture if it is going to be a while before re-assembly)....so stupid ,I had to share. :withstupid :lol:
Last edited by Txas2step on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

gww
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: falcon
State: CO

Re: So stupid, I had to share

Post by gww »

its called.. being human..

mopardwh
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Longview
State: TX

Post by mopardwh »

Pictures really are helpful.

oklamopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Midwest City OK
State: OK

Post by oklamopar »

Been there done that. Try having motor disassembled for 8 years and a move in the middle. Yeah took me a month to find all bolts and brackets to put back together. Glad you got it going with spring rain just around the corner. At least here that is.

PDQAUTO
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: CLAYTON
State: NC

Post by PDQAUTO »

when i brought my truck it had no wipers i ended up buying three sets ofthe transmission arms and linkages and still could not make it work properly. Was looking at somebody elses post with pictures and relized previous owner put motor in upside down!! only took me 3 months to get wipers working