New car! 1960 Plymouth Valiant

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
2bluesweptlines
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Longview, Texas

New car! 1960 Plymouth Valiant

Post by 2bluesweptlines »

Howdy, all! I had to tell someone about my new fifty-one year old car! It's a 1960 Plymouth Valiant with a 904 push button auto and a 170 slant six. Been sitting since 1975. The floors are shot since it had floor mats in it. The trunk is perfect and it had no floor mat. I wish I could travel back in time to when the previous owner parked it and pull the mats. Oh well. I've been eyeing this same car for seven years and finally got in touch with the PO a few months back and persuaded him to sell it. Drove ten hours each way to go get it (it was in Weatherford, TX) this weekend. Going to pull the slant six out of the '64 D100, turbocharge, and put in the Valiant. I'll post pics soon.

Nelle

OregonDodgeboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Nampa, Idaho

Re: New car! 1960 Plymouth Valiant

Post by OregonDodgeboy »

WOW! Now that's some dedication! :lol: :Thumbsup Dad bought a cream puff 61 4-door from the neighbor lady about 1980. Had it a year or so and then he sold/traded for something else that I can't remember now. :lol: It had the 170 and push button auto. I remember how dad would tell me one night he was going to "travel" to some unnamed place after work, which meant for me to go switch the rear tires from the original sized 13's for tall 14's, so he "cruised at a better speed." :lol: Only to change them back sunday night or something. I'm really fond of the 2 door models, though they are few and far in between. Can't wait for the pictures! :Thumbsup

EGroscup
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Escondido
State: CA

Post by EGroscup »

Another one saved, that is good to hear. Have fun with it.

2bluesweptlines
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Longview, Texas

Post by 2bluesweptlines »

EGroscup
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Escondido
State: CA

Post by EGroscup »

Hey! that is a Vega in the background. HotfootGT and I also have those and can be found over at H-body.org. What are the chances of three Sweptline people also owning an orphan like that. Thanks for the Valiant pics. also. E.