Back for good!

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
2bluesweptlines
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Longview, Texas

Back for good!

Post by 2bluesweptlines »

Hello all! Just wanted to drop in and say hello and that I'm back on the forum for good! I graduated from college in May of 2010 and moved to south Mississippi in June. I'm a mechanical engineer for a company that manufactures large parts for CAT. I drove the '64 D100 all loaded down with all my stuff/tools/parts from East Texas to West Texas to South Mississippi all within a few days back in the summer and it did great! It was my daily driver from May to November when I bought a 2003 Dodge 3500 4x4 diesel with a 6 speed manual. I certainly don't need this much truck, but it's sure nice to have the ability to tow or haul anything on earth and get 22 mpg on the highway while doing it! I've been living out in the country with no internet service but am about to move in town with internet, thus I'll be more active on the forum.

The tentative plan for the '64 is to pull the hot slant six out, get a 440 (btw, I am looking for a 440 to rebuild if anyone has one for sale,) build it, turbo charge it and put it in the truck and put the truck's slant six in an early 60s light Mopar car. I've done a few initial calculations for the turbo 440 build and they have yielded some very large hp numbers. I'll keep the forum updated.

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me the last five or six years since I've had the truck and been on the forum. From body, to electrical, to brakes, to engine work, you all have been very helpful and essential to where the truck is today. Thanks!

Stephan Nelle

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Re: Back for good!

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Now thats a big change! The /6 build was good, how did you come to the new direction?

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

MountainMoparRobin wrote:Now thats a big change! The /6 build was good, how did you come to the new direction?
Its likely the age-old quest for speed.....

Stephan,
Good to hear you graduated and landed
a job in your field. :clap As you already
know, there are tons of folks here to
help you get where you need to be on
your Sweptline.
John

wideblock
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: las cruces nm
State: NM

Post by wideblock »

oh now thats funny... ROBIN asking why would you put a turbo 440 in it...LMAO!!!!

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

wideblock wrote:oh now thats funny... ROBIN asking why would you put a turbo 440 in it...LMAO!!!!
not why, but more of what changed his mind

2bluesweptlines
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Longview, Texas

Post by 2bluesweptlines »

Ha, that is a good question. While the slant six is running well and has good power (for a /6,) the numbers are quite low compared to what a turbo 440 should produce. I want my truck to be fast (!), but I still want a quick slant six vehicle, so I figured I should put a big, ultra-power motor in the heavy Sweptline and put the less powerful /6 in a light early 60s Mopar car. That way, when I'm done, I can have a fast Swepty and a fast /6 car!

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member

It would be nice to see ya make it up for the Cruise, another Sweptline out of south Central Texas may make it, he's got a 70 with dual 4 barrells sittin on a 360 out of a Police Car, he's been gettin alot of parts to get his project done/ and the group from Canada of which one is a /6 pushing over 300hp, I'm gettin worked up just thinkin about the horsepower to be there :dance

BradyB
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Farmington
State: UT

Post by BradyB »

Fast is relative. Our Chrylser minivan with the 3.8L and 6-speed auto smokes my truck with the 383.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

BradyB wrote:Fast is relative. Our Chrylser minivan with the 3.8L and 6-speed auto smokes my truck with the 383.
"Cool" is relative too..... :lol: :clap
John

demulsion
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Bremerton
State: WA

Post by demulsion »

Hobcobble wrote:
BradyB wrote:Fast is relative. Our Chrylser minivan with the 3.8L and 6-speed auto smokes my truck with the 383.
"Cool" is relative too.....
John
hahahaha

Stephan, I know a hot /6 in a heavy A-body with highway gears is a blast, so in an early A with proper gears would be amazing! Just out of curiosity, what are you running for gears in the truck right now? I'm convinced that makes all the difference in how fun a rig is to drive. (My 4.10 geared 318 truck makes my 3.55 geared 383 truck feel like a sloth...)

BradyB
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Farmington
State: UT

Post by BradyB »

Hobcobble wrote:
"Cool" is relative too..... :lol: :clap
John

Definetly. It's funny how the Charger and Adventurer stay in the warm garage but the T&C is out in the driveway getting snowed on.