This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
johnboi1966
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Spanaway,Wa
State: WA

My last trip to NAPA

Post by johnboi1966 »

Well I decided to break down and get the wiper conversion for my D200. I get the part number from the site and go to my local NAPA (which turns out to be a franchise. I give the counter guy the number, he gets on his computer and says.... I don't have it, can't get it, and they must not make it anymore :banghead I tell him that the number is good, he just says I can't get it. I say screw it and head to my favorite local shop down the road. It is a Parts Pro/Auto Value affiliated shop. The old man at the counter asked what I need, I tell him wiper arms for a 67D2oo. Without looking for a part number, he walks back to the shelf and grabs me the ANCO 41-03 arms (adjustable) :clap I ask if he has the 41-02, he walks back and grabs one off the shelf! He has to order a 2nd one in and I will have it Tuesday!! I love my local shops!!
It wasn't cheap by far- 21.99 each on the arms and 15.99 each for the wipers ( 20-12) for a total with tax of 83.02! It will be worth it next time I get caught in the rain, which around here is almost everyday. I then went back to NAPA and said, lookie what I found. He just says that well I can't get them they aren't available in our system. Unless I need something NAPA specific, that was my last trip to either of my local NAPA stores. I may try the one downtown in Tacoma, but the two out by me will not get my business anymore. I will drive the extra miles to one of my three favorite local shops- Baxter's on Pacific, Lincoln on 56th, or National in Parkland ( in that order.) The chain stores can bite my A**!!
WANTED- OLD (30's,40's) Beer Cans, Especially from Seattle.
MOPAR or NOCAR!

1985 Ramcharger-Money Pit
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special
2006 HD Dyna Wide Glide

EGroscup
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Escondido
State: CA

Re: My last trip to NAPA

Post by EGroscup »

AMEN!! I refuse to use any local Napa due to stupid counterpeople with bad attitudes and high prices. Erik

motomatt383
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Durham, NC
State: NC

Post by motomatt383 »

i used to swear by the NAPA stores, not the cheapest, but always could come thru with anything. but it seems that in the last few yrs, that has sure changed! i was in there a few times trying to get parts for that 52 Dodge pickup i just put together, when all was said and done i don't think i bought anything from them. when did they merge with Walker?

matt
'70 D-100, Ruffin,plum crazy/wht top,5.2 magnum.
'70 Roadrunner
'40 Dodge coupe
http://community.webshots.com/user/motomatt383
http://www.myspace.com/70runner

Jones
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Castle Rock/WA
State: WA

Post by Jones »

I went into Napa here in Castle Rock yesterday, first time in about 8 months and they changed the whole store around. I was really shocked when I told the guy which plugs I wanted and they had them in stock. Usually had to order and wait a few days. I took a gamble and it paid off, this time. :lol:

I too like National and Baxter's. :Thumbsup

Keith
62 D100
63 D100 (Parts)
64 D100
2012 Dodge 1500

nfury8
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: KC, MO

Post by nfury8 »

I really miss the local parts shops we used to have, but they are all gone now. :pale
The chains couldn't touch them on service and knowledge. The NAPAs around here
are pretty sad also.
71 D100 Adventurer SE - PowerWagon conversion
70 W200 CrewCab - Urban Assault Kiddie Hauler
69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Pro Touring Machine
69 Plymouth Fury III Convertible - Beater, Hiding in a cave