The Americans

This area is for open discussion about anything..."KEEP IT CLEAN"
SDCook
Founding Member
Founding Member

The Americans

Post by SDCook »

In his radio segment on June 5, 1973, Gordon Sinclair of CFRB in Toronto made the following statement about us. It is still worth listening to after thirty five years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwzHooPjZdk
Shane

62dodgedog
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Re: The Americans

Post by 62dodgedog »

I don't care what your politics are, what was said 35 years ago is still true today. Who offered to help China and Mynamar? when they had there disasters? Yet there still isn't a country out there that offers help when we have a hurricane destroy New Orleans or when whole communities are wiped out by tornados. This country still is the most charitable when it comes to international aid and then these same countries shout "death to America" in their streets. Maybe it is time to spend some of that money here on the Americans that are hungry, have no medical insurance or are losing their houses in this mortgage debacle. Sorry for the soapbox but this is one of my buttons.
'62 D100 lwb, 318, 4 speed.
'63 D100 lwb, 225, 4 speed
'65 Plymouth Valiant, 225, auto
'86 jeep CJ7

MountainMoparRobin
Founding Member
Founding Member
City: Lakewood
State: CO

Post by MountainMoparRobin »

Mexico sent a part of their army to New Orleans, and Canada, other than that? I have to agree with 62dodgedog, I'm tired of people coming to America living illegal and then have the nerve to March and Protest about America being bad??? Get the Hell out! We do need to spend more time and effort in United States, and start by getting drilling started everywhere and anywhere, then refineries, then maybe I can afford my hobby???? :lol: that was my turn on the Soap Box

OregonDodgeboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Nampa, Idaho

Post by OregonDodgeboy »

Yeah, this is one of my buttons too. It seems useless to put my personal argument out when others cover it far better than I. Check this video out. It talks about census bureau projection on population and the effects these numbers will have on infistructure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7WJeqxuOfQ

:usa :usa :usa
Jeff Easterbrook
66 D100 440/727 on 72 IFS chassis
67 W200 440/4-sp. Resting
76 IH Scout II
81 MB 240D

http://www.jeasterbrook.usana.com

Frame swap Q & A guy :Thumbsup

steven
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by steven »

That made my day.

:usa
1967 Dodge D200 5.7 HEMI/5speed
1971 Dodge Challenger #'s 383/727
1974 Dodge D600 318 5+2
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins HO

DB69
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: La Porte
State: IN

Post by DB69 »

I very distinctly remember this when it was recorded(I was 21 then!) It was on the radio and the record was a best seller
I said then and say now
"America, Love it or get the :censored out!
:salut :salut :salut :salut :salut :salut :salut :salut :salut :salut :salut :salut :salut
:usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa
DB69
TommyDodge
1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Club cab 3rd owner 86,330 miles
I don't drive a Ram-I drive a Dodge Ram
Dodge Brothers Detroit USA,
In Memory of Molly and Missy, My Beagle Girls

Ruckus
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Stevensville, Montana

Post by Ruckus »

I'm getting deja vu... A falling American dollar, a bungled war, a gas crisis, and a crook in the white house... some things never change... :thinking
As for the anti-immigrant rhetoric... I'm imagining those charts from a native american perspective... When I go dancing my left foot (native) wishes my right foot (euro) would stop stepping on it... Whats a guy to do? Hate half my blood for trying to kill off the other half? Course, I had blood on both sides of the civil war too (my gramma's name IS Davis after all), not to mention Jamestown where my relatives quickly took over the indian lands - which the indians did not take kindly to. Can you blame someone for wanting to go to a nice place? That's why you're here. This is history. :study
78 W200 crewcab, 68 W200, 59 Willys Wagon, 52 Ford F5 Cabover

mightydodge
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kansas City/Missouri

Post by mightydodge »

I would agree with the last statement, but I think everyone is trying to say they are sick of illegal immigrants, not legal ones. Everyone in our country has immigrants in their ancestry. We're sick of accomodating criminals who come to our country illegally, expect benefits without paying taxes, expect us to change our language, and commit nearly 50% of all automotive theft in this country amoung other crimes. And if their caught commiting crimes, we pay to send them back! Put them all in prison, put them on a chain gang, and have them build the wall along the border. Illegal immigrants came here for work... We've got a wall for them to build!
1968 Dodge D-100
225 ci, 3-speed

OregonDodgeboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Nampa, Idaho

Post by OregonDodgeboy »

Yeah, it's the illegal immigrants that come here to ride the system that irks me. I have native blood on one side of my family as well, but the other half is Euro, much like many of us these days. This is one of those debates that I could go on forever about. The solution won't be easy to take, much less decide upon. All I know is how I feel about it, and that I am extremely disturbed at the thought of the current trend continuing. Trying to bring those other points into the debate is, IMHO, like bringing in the smoke and mirrors to make us all think the airplane really did disappear.

Here's a copy of an email I got a while back. It really sums it up nicely and quickly:

Let's say I break into your house

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials in ages!! It explains things better than all the baloney you hear on TV.

Recently large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that Congress is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that the US might protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, to stay indefinitely. Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests.

Let's say I break into your house. Let's say that when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave. But I say, "I've made all the beds
and washed the dishes and did the laundry and swept the floors; I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my right to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm hard-working and honest, um, except for well, you know.

And what a deal it is for me!! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being an anti-housebreaker. Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is?! Only in America ....if you agree, pass it on (in English). Share it if you see the value of it
as a good simile. If not blow it off along with your future Social Security funds.

It's a problem that has taken a long time to develop, and it's going to be equally as long before a solution is reached. In the meantime, I think I should get into the school building business. :lol: :joker :thinking :study
Jeff Easterbrook
66 D100 440/727 on 72 IFS chassis
67 W200 440/4-sp. Resting
76 IH Scout II
81 MB 240D

http://www.jeasterbrook.usana.com

Frame swap Q & A guy :Thumbsup

oklamopar
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Midwest City OK
State: OK

Post by oklamopar »

Recived this in an E-mail some time back

America Needs A Leader Like This!
Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out ofAustralia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles , trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'
'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .. Learn the language!'
'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles , founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'
'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'
'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,
'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'
'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves , American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

'I" [oklamopar] think that if we revoke all the $$$$ and aid we send out to the countries that are complaining about us and what we stand for , that we could pay off our debt in record time and help our own right here in the Good Ole U S of A.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

oklamopar wrote:Recived this in an E-mail some time back

America Needs A Leader Like This!
Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out ofAustralia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles , trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'
'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .. Learn the language!'
'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles , founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'
'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'
'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,
'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'
'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves , American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

'I" [oklamopar] think that if we revoke all the $$$$ and aid we send out to the countries that are complaining about us and what we stand for , that we could pay off our debt in record time and help our own right here in the Good Ole U S of A.
Here's some additional reading on the topic....
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/australia.asp
John

440SCOUT
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: reno nv
State: NV

Post by 440SCOUT »

i couldnt agree with you guys more ...
the argument about all of us being immigrants at one time is bs...
my family came to this country in the early 20's on a boat that my great grandfather built by hand, and when he got here there were no free food programs,no welfare, etc. you either make a life for yourself or your family or you die,you did have that right...
I think all those programs are a waste anyway but if we have to keep them they should only be available to people who have contributed to the system i.e. have paid taxes before or at least legal citizens...
rant off...
i wonder how much it would cost to ship 16 cars to australia....lol