Mirror repair

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Atmobil
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ler
State: Foreign

Mirror repair

Post by Atmobil »

Mirror mirror on the wall, who is stupidest of them all? Ouch, that me :banghead

The driverside mirror was sticking when I bought the truck and silly me went and added WD40 on the little ball hinge on the back. This made the mirror so loose that it would not stay in place.
Tonight I had the bright idea of trying to fix it and somehow I got it in to my head that by undoing the 3 little screws on the back I could maybe fix it.
This only made things worse as there is a plate on the inside that is now loose and I can not attache the screws again.
So what do I do now?
Is there anyway of fixing this without breaking the mirror?

Gaute Halsaunet

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Mirror repair

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Get a longer screw, move plate around til a hole lines up, start the screw and lift into place, add other screws. Wash out the WD40 with water and detergent. Wait for it to re-rust. Will be tight again!

abody
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kissimmee
State: FL

Post by abody »

another option is to buy another mirror head. they are a little difficult to find but they are out there. took a picture of one I have, and this website will not support the file size. description on the box is 5" flat glass mirror made by a company called pm model number is 605 and it has the three screw mount on the back of the head transitioning to a single bolt. Ive used them on the mirror stalks and they fit perfectly. Good luck.http://www.foxtaillights.com/product/pmc-605/

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

Or buy these which are nearly identical....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Truck- ... UQ&vxp=mtr