1971 steering column diagram needed

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Re: 1971 steering column diagram needed

Post by MadMC63 »

I've only seen your isolator from the one side and that side looks fine. The last pic everything looks good on the shift collar.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by MadMC63 »

I've only seen one side of your isolator and it looks fine on that side. The shift collar looks good even the old bearing looks to be in good health.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

Crewcabstripper
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Dude
State: PA

Post by Crewcabstripper »

The isolator is good not torn or worn down. Bearing still feels good no rough spots. The staple in the isolator is alittle worn so would like to find one. With my luck I'll reuse the old one and shortly after it will break haha.

johnah
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Pompano beach
State: FL

Post by johnah »

this looks close, if you haven't found a bearing housing. I'd do some research to make sure it would work, but this is one part you'll be needing . http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-MoPar-1970- ... 2132177109
Hope this helps
as I say "everthing could be anything but nothin is always somethin"

Crewcabstripper
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Can anyone help me out with the actual part number for the upper bearing housing on the column of my 71? That will help my search for one alittle easier thanks.

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by MadMC63 »

1971 Dodge D100

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by MadMC63 »

1971 Dodge D100

Crewcabstripper
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

MadMC63 wrote:2880162
Doesn't look like the right part when I look at the picture from the one NOS site you posted. This seems to be for a passenger car not a D series pickup?

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by MadMC63 »

I noticed that too as well as the primer finish however, if you look at the other two links you'll definitely see the right part. I only listed that link because it showed the same part number.
1971 Dodge D100

Crewcabstripper
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Other 2 links don't have a picture from what I can tell. The one with the picture even says in the description it's the shifter cup not the bearing housing. So either the part number is wrong or the online page has the wrong part # and description? Did you get that part number right out of the parts diagram book for the D series?

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by MadMC63 »

I've rechecked multiple times. 19-14-21, Housing, Strg. Gear Column Shaft Bearing UPPER. 70-71 D100, D200, D300, w/A727 trans = 2880162
1971 Dodge D100

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by MadMC63 »

This has been on eBay for a while you might be able to make a deal. Spare parts cant hurt.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-1970-1971- ... VS&vxp=mtr
1971 Dodge D100

Crewcabstripper
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Wanted to give a bit of an update. Been busy working on the truck any chance I had the past couple weeks. I had a local car show sunday I set my deadline to be to drive it there. I want to give a very big thank you to MadMC63 for his generosity on this steering column part search. I honestly don't think I would of been able to get it done in time without his help. I thank you sir :Thumbsup so alittle story on the truck. I found this 71 d200 Dude in a barn the other month pretty much all original been in there since 1996 I had to literally drag the truck onto my trailer as the brakes were locked up. It was covered in animal crap and been over run by mice. Saw one run up under the dash as I opened the drivers door first time I looked at it. Over the past couple months I cleaned the interior ran all new brakes changes all fluids replaced some worn out stuff and finally Saturday I got to turn it over for the first time in 21 years. Took it around the block and the trans pan gasket gave out so I siliconed it up overnight and topped it off Sunday morning went for another shake down drive and a heater core hose blew. Did a quick hose loop fix and off to the car show I went made it there with 5 minutes until registration closed. Got me back home and brings me to today. No leaks that I can see under it so some tuning and work out some other bugs and I may have a decent summer cruiser. So enough with the talking here's Some pics to show thanks to this forum for the help

sledgehammer
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: puyallup,wa

Post by sledgehammer »

Good to hear you got it goin. Lookin good