Hellcat wheel set on a 71 D100

Suspension, Brakes, Tires, Wheels steeringetc..
crashresq21
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lincoln
State: RI
Location: Manville RI (no seriously, its a village. The day they named the place was a slow day mentally.)

Hellcat wheel set on a 71 D100

Post by crashresq21 »

Need opinions. I've got a guy locally that has a set of Hellcat rims and tires for sale for $900. Seems legit yet to look at them. 20" x 9", 5 lug by 115mm (around 4.5 inches +/-)

The suspension is stock and has not been altered in any way. What do you guys think about it, will I run into some steering issues? Speedo accuracy?

Thoughts?
"Dealing with me is like playing chess with Charlie Manson. 99% of the time you're like 'this guy is on his game', and then there's the one time I shove a pawn up my @#% and dance around"

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Hellcat wheel set on a 71 D100

Post by Hobcobble »

Its the "around 4.5" +/-" that might be of concern. :pale
If the wheels aren't a dead on true 5 x 4.5, you might be
opening yourself up for troubles.
John

crashresq21
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
Location: Manville RI (no seriously, its a village. The day they named the place was a slow day mentally.)

Post by crashresq21 »

And I thought the 9 inch part would have been the lightning rod for comments. Trying to get the seller to swing by and mount one of them up. By 4.5ish I meant the rims are 115mm and that translates to 4.52674 or something like that.
"Dealing with me is like playing chess with Charlie Manson. 99% of the time you're like 'this guy is on his game', and then there's the one time I shove a pawn up my @#% and dance around"

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Post by 712edf »

Here's the chart:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/tec ... ?techid=92

Its been my luck that close never seems to be close enough when dealing with such matters.

9" may limit your turning, plus if yours is manual steering it'll require a tad more umpf to get her turned at low speeds.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

dasbulliwagen
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Asheboro
State: NC

Post by dasbulliwagen »

LX LD and LC platform wheels have been used successfully on Jeeps with the 5x4 1/2 bolt pattern. I dont see why they wouldn't work on the Sweptlines. There are several members on naxja.org that are running them. I matched one up myself once and the hubs were even the same size, at least on on XJ Jeep. Hope this helps.

crashresq21
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by crashresq21 »

It does, thank you. I mean the 115mm is a miniscule difference from the 4.25. Now the offset and width come into play.

TheMopars
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Burbank
State: CA

Post by TheMopars »

I tried my Challenger SRT rims on my Sweptline since the tires on it when I bought it were shot.
Although they were real close and seemed to fit you could tell the weren't right once I drove on
them. I knew I wasn't keeping them on the truck so I didn't worry about, was just to get the truck
in and out of my driveway while working on it.
Attachments
IMG_0803.jpg

crashresq21
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by crashresq21 »

Yeah the rears look not so legit lol

Atmobil
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ler
State: Foreign

Post by Atmobil »

crashresq21 wrote:Need opinions. I've got a guy locally that has a set of Hellcat rims and tires for sale for $900. Seems legit yet to look at them. 20" x 9", 5 lug by 115mm (around 4.5 inches +/-)

The suspension is stock and has not been altered in any way. What do you guys think about it, will I run into some steering issues? Speedo accuracy?

Thoughts?
The 5x4,5" bolt pattern is the same as 5x114,3mm. I have a Mazda 6 that has that same boltpattern and lots of modern cars have 5x114,3 (many japanese cars atleast). The Mazda wheels do sort of fir my D100 but they look stupid on there since the offsett is very wrong. Needs spacers between the wheels and brakes to get them to where they should be. I guess the same would be for the Hellcat wheels as most modern cars have quite a high offset compared to most older vehicles like the sweptline.
Gaute Halsaunet