Dude mirrors

Body, Trim, Interior, Dealer options, Paint e tc..
Creepjohnny
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Santa clarita
State: CA

Dude mirrors

Post by Creepjohnny »

Hey guys, I'm trying to find out what color the mirrors were on a dodge dude. It says in the original listings that the arms were painted to the body color, but were the mirror had painted as well, or were they black? Or were they chrome? I've seen square and round mirrors on different original dudes. And most the square mirrors are chrome. But what of the round ones? Thanks for any info

MadMC63
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rome
State: GA

Re: Dude mirrors

Post by MadMC63 »

Looking at the 71 brochure the post were definitely painted and the rectangular mirrors appear to be shinny.
1971 Dodge D100
So what's wrong with setting beneath a single pull string incandescent light bulb writing angry letters?

Creepjohnny
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Creepjohnny »

Thanks mad. The round ones look to be painted black. I saw a pic of a dude on google images and he had a round black mirror. Just trying to find out the look that dodge did factory

Crewcabstripper
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Dude
State: PA

Post by Crewcabstripper »

Have you done any more looking into the mirrors? I'm trying to bring my 71 Dude back to original as I can. Seems the mirrors were one of the few things that isn't correct.

Creepjohnny
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Creepjohnny »

I've found some nice round mirrors on eBay between 15-30 bucks. U can find round or square and the have the 1/4" thread that work with the 3 hole mirrors. Most original round mirrors had damaged glass. These were nice and new and looked pretty close to older ones

Crewcabstripper
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Do you know if the dudes could come with either round or square mirrors? Or did they all come with one shape from factory but some got changed over the years from getting broke or whatever it may be?

Crewcabstripper
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Was all the square style mirrors on the Dude's chrome? Mirror heads and posts both chrome? Missing one square mirror head but have the post still mounted on the body.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

The only thing standard was a driver's side body color mirror arm. The head is not specified and anything else was optional.