Wheels/Rims Pic Thread Request

Post a picture of your ride... Or the nice fish you caught last weekend!!
pflin1
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: walnut cove
State: NC

Re: Wheels/Rims Pic Thread Request

Post by pflin1 »

Ridler 695 wheels, 18x8 front and 20x10 rear, 235/55/18, 265/50/20. Nitto 420s tires
Attachments
dodgeforum.jpg

Jake66
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Phoenix
State: AZ

Post by Jake66 »

Jeffjmcarthur wrote:Here is another picture from the rear. 22" Boyd's on rear with 20" up front. Truck has front clip suspension from 91' dodge. I think ended up lowering 6-8" to get the rear "stuffed" and fill the front up. Ended up with a good combination and rake to it.

thats a sweet looking swepty, love the blue you chose! :Thumbsup
1966 Dodge D100 Custom SC SWB
Bermuda Turquoise
And
White

iniviate
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Jacksonville
State: FL

Post by iniviate »

here's my clunker on 20" wheels...

I believe they're XD D-Back wheels.

riffraff
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newport Beach
State: CA

Post by riffraff »

Just installed new wheels and tires on my 1969 W100. Bought the truck with 15x8"spokes (30x9.5" tires), but I really wanted to get it back to an OEM look--plus lower the engine rpm at cruise (was 3000 rpm at 65 mph).

Ordered a set of 17x8" with 4.5" back-spacing, 'Gennie' wheels from http://www.wheelvintiques.com/. Running 275x70 BF Goodrich T/A. No rubbing yet, but only on for one day.

One problem: I ordered an extra for a spare and it won't fit the under bed carrier with the frame-mounted trailer hitch. Not sure if I'm going to remove the hitch or swap on a smaller diameter tire...

Last edited by riffraff on Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tom
1969 W100 383/435

slick
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Tucson/AZ

Post by slick »

That looks great!
1963 Crewcab
1965 Crewcab
1968 D-100 Longbed
1948 Dodge Panel Truck
1964 Dodge Polara
1957 Shasta

avroadwarrior
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: AVAPPLE VALLEY

Post by avroadwarrior »

DocsTruck wrote:I am sticking with the originals on mine.
That's cool I would like to see more stock wheels and sizes, back spaceing ext. Brian
Brian

shagrat
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Rushville
State: IL

Post by shagrat »

I agree with slick, those 17's look awesome.

damon23
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Douglasville
State: GA

Post by damon23 »

riffraff wrote:Just installed new wheels and tires on my 1969 W100. Bought the truck with 15x8"spokes (30x9.5" tires), but I really wanted to get it back to an OEM look--plus lower the engine rpm at cruise (was 3000 rpm at 65 mph).

Ordered a set of 17x8" 'Gennie' wheels from http://www.wheelvintiques.com/. Running 275x70 BF Goodrich T/A. No rubbing yet, but only on for one day.

One problem: I ordered an extra for a spare and it won't fit the under bed carrier with the frame-mounted trailer hitch. Not sure if I'm going to remove the hitch or swap on a smaller diameter tire...

That has to be the best looking sweptline I've seen. 4x4 with a short bed and those wheels just set it off big time. Funny thing is I have a full set of those wheels sitting in the bed of my truck waiting to be painted. Curious what backspacing you went with? Mine are 15x8 with 4in up front and 3.75 for the rear. Again, just a killer truck.

my5thmopar
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Columbia
State: TN

Post by my5thmopar »

That is one nice looking truck. Make sure you PM me when it is for sale. I like the stock wheels and to color too. Craig

riffraff
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by riffraff »

damon23 wrote: That has to be the best looking sweptline I've seen. 4x4 with a short bed and those wheels just set it off big time. Funny thing is I have a full set of those wheels sitting in the bed of my truck waiting to be painted. Curious what backspacing you went with? Mine are 15x8 with 4in up front and 3.75 for the rear. Again, just a killer truck.
Thanks for the comments! The backspacing is the standard for these wheels from Wheel Vintiques, at 4.5". I was also considering their 18" wheels, but those would have needed custom backspacing at something like $50 per wheel, so I stayed with 17". I think the front backspacing is just right for my tires. Maybe 4.0 rear backspacing would look a bit better. I was considering staggering the rears, like you have, but I decided against it for practical reasons, like tire rotation. I'll add pics from the front and back later for perspective.

I could gotten Centerlines for a good deal (one of my ex-boss' brother-in-law actually owns Centerline), but since I was a little kid, I have always loved the utilitarian look of a Power Wagon--with big white steel wheels.
Tom
1969 W100 383/435

damon23
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Douglasville
State: GA

Post by damon23 »

You hit the nail on the head with this set up. I wouldn't change a thing. I understand the tire rotation thing but my truck is just a toy so I will probably have to replace the tires before they'd need to be rotated. I have the truck on ebay right now but after the cruise in last night and all the attention it got I'm really having second thoughts about letting it go. The 65 miles round trip was a bunch of fun and like I said it draws attention I think cause it is not a C-10 or F-100. If I keep it I just may move up to the 17's like you have.

riffraff
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by riffraff »

damon23 wrote:You hit the nail on the head with this set up. I wouldn't change a thing. I understand the tire rotation thing but my truck is just a toy so I will probably have to replace the tires before they'd need to be rotated. I have the truck on ebay right now but after the cruise in last night and all the attention it got I'm really having second thoughts about letting it go. The 65 miles round trip was a bunch of fun and like I said it draws attention I think cause it is not a C-10 or F-100. If I keep it I just may move up to the 17's like you have.
I edited my original post with added pics, front and rear, to give some backspace perspective...
Tom
1969 W100 383/435

ndlionsfan
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Leeds
State: ND

Post by ndlionsfan »

I'm looking for a new set of wheels to put on my 64 Ute. Not looking to spend a lot and would be interested in some that anyone has taken off your trucks. Would just like something simple that can be put right on without any adjustments. Some with tires already would also be a plus. My truck is just a work truck, so not looking for anything too fancy. Thanks.

marklein
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Red Deer
State: Foreign

Post by marklein »

This is my opinion for what it is worth. I dislike the look of oversize wheels in vehicles not designed for them. Not just the sweptlines, all the vintage cars and trucks do not look correct in my eyes. They claim that filling the wheelwells is the goal, but filling them too much makes vehicles look like kids toys. I went with 15x10 and 295 50s in the rear and 15x7 and 215 65s in the front. To each his own, but it's not for me.
Attachments
DSCF0300.JPG
DSCF0300.JPG (60.34 KiB) Viewed 18379 times

greenmachine318
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Tucson

Post by greenmachine318 »

15x8 with 33's

optcynbassist
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: La Puente

Post by optcynbassist »

I'm not a flashy guy and like to keep it simple. These are 15x8 aluminum rims which I hadn't mounted yet in the pic.

Paint scheme done by previous owner, which i intend on definitely changing once more important issues are addressed.
Attachments
D100.jpg
1962 D100
'76 LA 318 (swap)
3 spd Auto
Long Bed
Small Window

RyanH
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Fair Oaks

Post by RyanH »

15x8 wheels front and rear with 4" back spacing. Swapping the rears to 15x10's sometime next week.
Attachments
wheels2.jpg

jeffssledz
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Whittier

Post by jeffssledz »

here is a pic of my current combo. 15x7 in front and 15x8 out back. Back tires are 255/70's and fronts are 215/75's
Attachments
the junker.jpg

cadman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Springfield
State: MO

Post by cadman »

I just put some 35x12.5x16.5 on some old formerly black steel wheels, stock suspension. I'm glad I didn't go with 37's. And I don't think I'll be using tire chains. On a side note, I'll be looking for the exact same wheels, except 16" instead of 16.5" on account of tire availability and prices. If anyone has a source.
IMG_3803.JPG
IMG_3807.JPG
Grandpa's '66 W200

If it aint' broke..., I probably haven't fiddled with it.

pflin1
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: walnut cove
State: NC

Post by pflin1 »

Ridler 695 18x8, 10x20 235/55/18, 265/50/20
Attachments
71d100r.jpg