**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
75pwrwgn
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Strathroy
State: Foreign

Utiline Fenders?

Post by 75pwrwgn »

Looking for a pair of utiline fenders. I've posted a message in the parts wanted area and have observed several reviews of the postings but no responses.

My question... I've spent considerable time searching the web for a NOS manufacturer of these fenders with little success. Was able to find a site on the eastern seaboard that sold fiberglass units. However, somehow I don't think my offroading, and fiberglass parts are necessarily a good idea. Let alone the Canadian winters. I've even checked with a couple of my bodyshop contacts to see if I can get them in chinese steel with no luck.

Anyone have any leads?

I found this forum on a google search that was a thread discussing using early chev fenders... those appear easy to find! I'd prefer to keep the existing body lines but if Chev fenders are the only option...

Ed

Hewy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Riverside
State: CA

Re: Utiline Fenders?

Post by Hewy »

These fenders are always being sought after and difficult to locate,but do come up through a lot digging , through
junk yards , this group, stumbling across them etc. I spent a lot of time looking for a short utiline bed and finally bought a whole truck then they started showing :lol:
Be patient . If your use is a lot of off roading, get the mud stopper Chevy till then.
Seems like when one quits looking they pop up. :dance
"Hewy"
1964 D100 318 poly sweptline
1964 D100 225 /6 short utiline

75pwrwgn
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Strathroy
State: Foreign

Post by 75pwrwgn »

Yea been looking off on and on for a couple of years actually... So patience is running thin and bubbles are getting bigger!

I'm just really surprised that they are not available as aftermarket NOS parts. Especially since there the same fenders from what mid 50's thru early 80's? You'd think there would be enough aftermarket demand to warrant inclusion in someone's parts catalog. Guess that's the price of being different (i.e. not Ford or Chev)

Perhaps I should buy an english wheel some steel and start producing them for sale myself :lol:

Ed

oldodger
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Anderson
State: CA

Post by oldodger »

I saw at least one pair on eBay just today.

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Hobcobble »

75pwrwgn wrote:Yea been looking off on and on for a couple of years actually... So patience is running thin and bubbles are getting bigger!

I'm just really surprised that they are not available as aftermarket NOS parts. Especially since there the same fenders from what mid 50's thru early 80's? You'd think there would be enough aftermarket demand to warrant inclusion in someone's parts catalog. Guess that's the price of being different (i.e. not Ford or Chev)

Perhaps I should buy an english wheel some steel and start producing them for sale myself :lol:

Ed
I'll get a purchase order form ready. :Thumbsup :clap
John