**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
DukePW
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Sarnia, ON

'67 Dash support bracket differences

Post by DukePW »

Hi,
So quick back story I have a D100 '67 Dodge cab and dash donor to go on my '67 Fargo W100. Many years ago the dodge donor was stripped/painted/installed and I still have the original Fargo here mostly together siting on a dolly. I lost all my photos and did a soso job at tagging and baging. I have modified the dash to take the Fargo radio and will have to modify the fire wall for the Fargo heater core. I thought there wasn't much else difference......
Fast forward to tonight. On the Fargo I took off both (2) dash support brakets that bolt to the firewall and when I took it to the dodge it only has holes on the firewall and dash for one bracket on the passenger side. The Fargo brakets look different then the Dodge one I found in a bucket but they both seem to fit.
I just want to confirm the the 67 Dodge dashes only have the one bracket on the passenger side and nothing on the drivers? Thanks

nutz
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: phillipburg
State: NJ

Re: '67 Dash support bracket differences

Post by nutz »

don't remember any on the drivers side
are both yours man trans

BigBlockTrucks
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Binghamton
State: NY

Post by BigBlockTrucks »

DukePW wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:37 pm
Hi,
So quick back story I have a D100 '67 Dodge cab and dash donor to go on my '67 Fargo W100. Many years ago the dodge donor was stripped/painted/installed and I still have the original Fargo here mostly together siting on a dolly. I lost all my photos and did a soso job at tagging and baging. I have modified the dash to take the Fargo radio and will have to modify the fire wall for the Fargo heater core. I thought there wasn't much else difference......
Fast forward to tonight. On the Fargo I took off both (2) dash support brakets that bolt to the firewall and when I took it to the dodge it only has holes on the firewall and dash for one bracket on the passenger side. The Fargo brakets look different then the Dodge one I found in a bucket but they both seem to fit.
I just want to confirm the the 67 Dodge dashes only have the one bracket on the passenger side and nothing on the drivers? Thanks
I can check in the morning. What year the parts truck is and what the supports look like. It is a dodge. Not sure if it was a w series or d as the cab was changed. It was a 4speed truck and cab.
Late 65 w 200.
Factory LU-2 winch.
Updates: 205 transfer case,4.10 gears, disc brake Dana 60 front with lock out hubs
440 repower in the works

60 d100
383 with 727
4 wheel disc
3.73 geared rear

DukePW
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by DukePW »

The dodge was 3 on the tree and Fargo is 4sp. Man. Thanks in advance for checking.

Dodge single bracket pass side
Dodge single bracket pass side
Attachments
Fargo bracket x2. Pass side and drivers about the same spot but mirrored in the driver's side of the Trans tunnel.
Fargo bracket x2. Pass side and drivers about the same spot but mirrored in the driver's side of the Trans tunnel.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

There is absolutely no need for that bracket on the driver side. That side is bolted to the pedal bracket by the steering column bolts, thus a bracket would be redundant!

DukePW
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by DukePW »

Ok so you're confirming the Dodges have just the one bracket (and mine wasn't missing any)?
Fair argument although the drivers side bracket did a nice job of keeping the wiring and heater hoses tucked up in the dash.