**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
Derek939
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: St Helens
State: OR

66 sweptline w200 clutch fork ball

Post by Derek939 »

Does anyone possibly have a photo of inside your bell housing? Specifically the clutch fork ball on the 4 speed manual.

I got a new clutch in there and now that its back together the clutch fork slips off the throwout bearing and causes the clutch pedal to stick down. I did have to bend back the clips that ride on the clutch fork to hold it place on the tabs.

The truck is new to me so I am unsure of previous driving condition.

New master cylinder, slave cylinder, throw out bearing, and clutch.

Any help is highly appreciated

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: 66 sweptline w200 clutch fork ball

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

There is a retainer clip on the clutch fork that holds it to the pivot ball. Sounds like that is where the problem is.

Derek939
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Derek939 »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:23 pm
There is a retainer clip on the clutch fork that holds it to the pivot ball. Sounds like that is where the problem is.
Do you by chance have a photo? I dont have a retainer clip for sure. Seems like the throwout bearing is rotating slightly and then when i go to engage the clutch the fork slips completely off and jams the bearing slamming the pedal to the floor.

When the trucks not running it functions perfect. As soon as the shaft rotates it seems to work its way off the throwing bearing notches

Derek939
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Derek939 »

Clutch fork does have the retaining clip. I think i was not getting the clutch fork far enough in for the clip to latch. Couple taps with a hammer and its on. Got a new alternator bad out of the box so once that gets situated tomorrow I believe the truck can have its maiden voyage.

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Ya, that clip is easy to miss. Glad you figured it out! (I don't have a pic of it)

Derek939
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Derek939 »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:43 pm
Ya, that clip is easy to miss. Glad you figured it out! (I don't have a pic of it)
No worries about the photo. I appreciate you mentioning that. Been fighting it for a week at least now trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

Thanks a bunch!