Re: replacing hydraulic clutch components...

**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
PickupPete65
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Dover
State: NJ

Post by PickupPete65 »

First...thanks to all who offered help. The system is empty. I fill the master cylinder with fluid. The bleeder value on the slave is closed. As I pump the clutch pedal, shouldn't I feel some back pressure/resistance in the clutch pedal at some point/ Shouldn't the fluid level in the master cylinder go down? It did go down to about half full. I added more fluid, and continued pumping the pedal, no resistance what so ever. I opened the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder and continued to pump the clutch pedal...many, many, many, times. Holding the pedal to the floor, fluid and air emerged from the slave cylinder, but ever so slowly. I could have dribbled faster than the fluid seem to move through the system.
Eventually the air was completely expelled from the slave cylinder. And I know this because I used one of those rudimentary one man bleeding tools. I topped off the fluid in the master, but still no back pressure on the clutch pedal. So, does it sound like I did something wrong? HELP!

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Open the bleeder, watch it while someone else depresses the pedal. If you don't see fluid squirt several inches upward, the master is not functioning.
If it does, close the bleeder, watch the slave while someone else depresses the pedal. The slave pushrod will extend and actuate the clutch arm.