PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: Parasitic Draw

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

383mrollg wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:50 pm
https://youtu.be/tVja7UctgIw the link you requested above

I have a 2 prong ballast resistor after checking again I'm getting 13.3v on the right prong and the left prong is bouncing around like the coil was showing. I need to go through and make sure I have everything wired up correctly.

It looks like the left ballast wire is tied into the coil positive and also a red wire into the firewall which is also connected to the orange wire going to alternator field.

The new alt I got is a dual field the same as my old one but the field physical locations were different on the new alt vs old so I wasn't sure which one goes where. The other field wire is green and I believe that is supposed to be a ground to the voltage regulator? I need to go through the factory wiring diagrams and also the electronic ignition upgrade diagrams...
No such thing as a dual field alt. See this to understand what you have:
search.php?keywords=isolated+field

The red wire on the coil side of the ballast resister is from the ign switch START terminal. The orange wire is connected to the temp gauge and should NOT be connected to the alt. The 2 alt field wires are BOTH connected to the voltage regulator.