**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
reallylongnickname
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Ottawa, Ontario
State: Foreign

Air compressor Cooler

Post by reallylongnickname »

People are adding transmission coolers to their air compressor as a water condenser and rig it up with 3/8 id line. I have a 9hp and will probably be ably to use 5/8 line, but will I be able to keep it functional if I want to sandblast, or am I'm concerned about nothing?

*we still doing 3rd party websites to post pictures?

martincom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Five Points
State: AL

Re: Air compressor Cooler

Post by martincom »

In my opinion, you'll lose far too much volume. Especially for items that require a lot of volume, such as sandblasting or large impacts.

When I did the shop in the home we just sold, I had a 5hp compressor. At the time, it was the largest they offered for single phase. I utilized a 2" galvanized pipe as the main trunk line. It wasn't so much for the volume, though that was a side benefit, but the heat dissipation. My air compressor was at the other end of the shop from where I did the most work, to minimize the noise. So I had a fairly long trunk line.

All my taps came off the top of the 2" trunk line. All the lines, except those ran above the bench or horizontally along the wall, were sloped to drain. I placed a drain stub/valve at the bottom of every vertical wall drop.

I've seen other fellows install a second tank between the compressor and the trunk line. This provided heat dissipation as well as additional storage capacity.
Compressor.jpg
Trunk line.jpg
Trunk line2.jpg
Drop line.jpg
Drop line2.jpg
Bench line.jpg
Last edited by martincom on Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
1*1971 D100 318 A/T
1*1970 Charger R/T 440-6PK A/T
2*1969 Daytona Charger 440 A/T
1*1969 Coronet R/T awaiting restoration
1*1969 Torino Talladega awaiting restoration

martincom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Five Points
State: AL

Re: Air compressor Cooler

Post by martincom »

reallylongnickname wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:34 pm
*we still doing 3rd party websites to post pictures?
Photobucket started charging a fee, I believe, and also may have a time limit. I utilize Microsoft Office Picture Manager to re-size mine. It is pretty simple. You just open the photo with it, click "Edit Pictures" in the top toolbar, then click "Resize" in the right frame toolbar that opened. Next, select the "percentage" resize bullet. Choose a percentage that yields a save photo that is smaller than 240kb. Save the photo with a new name. If you just click save or click the save prompt when exiting, it will overwrite your original photo.
1*1971 D100 318 A/T
1*1970 Charger R/T 440-6PK A/T
2*1969 Daytona Charger 440 A/T
1*1969 Coronet R/T awaiting restoration
1*1969 Torino Talladega awaiting restoration