**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
68swep
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Matthews
State: NC

Parts help

Post by 68swep »

Does anyone have a good source for parts? It seems like most things I look for are tough to find. I need a gas pedal, suspension stuff, sway bars (if there is any for a 68). I cant find a new pedal just people selling them on ebay for $200 for a really used one. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Jim100
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Kalamazoo/MI

Re: Parts help

Post by Jim100 »

The parts wanted section of this forum.

martincom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Five Points
State: AL

Post by martincom »

Actually, the internet search engines do a pretty good job of finding things. Sometimes you have to change parameters. For example: I may search for a part with a string such as "1968 Dodge D100 gas pedal" or "1968 Dodge D100 throttle pedal" or "1968 Dodge sweptline gas pedal".

Large hard parts, that do not typically wear out, are going to be pretty much used. The Thorps specialize in sweptline used parts and some new, see there web page and/or contact them with specifics: https://www.61-71dodgesweptlineparts.com/ Facebook also has several user groups specific to sweptlines. It is also a good place to find parts from other owners at typically reasonable prices.

As to your throttle pedal, Robin at easy (the actual name is blocked on this forum) -streetllc.com is offering reproductions for $65.
1*1971 D100 318 A/T
1*1970 Charger R/T 440-6PK A/T
2*1969 Daytona Charger 440 A/T
1*1969 Coronet R/T awaiting restoration
1*1969 Torino Talladega awaiting restoration

68swep
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 68swep »

Awesome! Thank you Martin!

RAYMAN
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Gifford
State: WA

Post by RAYMAN »

I have a stock front sway bar.
Im old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway.

68swep
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 68swep »

RAYMAN wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:28 am
I have a stock front sway bar.
How much are you looking to get for it? Also, I may be wrong, but they didnt start adding sway bars until 69? Is there a lot of modification to get it to work?

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

The axle is specially forged with a flat pad for attaching the sway bar. It can be attached to a regular axle with a filler piece and drilling 2 holes thru the axle. It was an option pre 69. There are 2 styles of sway bar. Maybe early style and later style? I have both, but haven't studied them to determine the different applications.

soopernaut
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by soopernaut »

PwrWgnDrvr wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:21 pm
The axle is specially forged with a flat pad for attaching the sway bar. It can be attached to a regular axle with a filler piece and drilling 2 holes thru the axle. It was an option pre 69. There are 2 styles of sway bar. Maybe early style and later style? I have both, but haven't studied them to determine the different applications.
Are you sure it was an option on early trucks? I couldn't find any mention of a sway bar/anti-sway bar in the 63-68 parts book, nor have I ever seen it mentioned as an option in any brochure. This is the 1st time I've ever heard of it being available before 1969.

68swep
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by 68swep »

Jim100 wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:46 am
The parts wanted section of this forum.
I usually check out the forum on my phone. I finally logged in on a laptop and now I see the parts tab. Woop! I guess m phone didnt want to share that with me. Thanks for the help!