**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
WarEagle
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Huntsville
State: AL

Hose Clamps

Post by WarEagle »

To the point in the restoration of my 1967 D100 with original 318 that I'm wanting to exchange currently installed worm gear type hose clamps with clamp styles that would have been originally installed at the factory. I think that the upper and lower radiator, bypass and heater hoses were Corbin style clamps. I'm not as certain as to the 5/16" fuel hoses and PCV hose. Does anyone know what style hose clamps were installed at the factory for these hoses - crimp (Oetiker), Corbin, other...? Will also be changing the clear plastic fuel filter with a metal canister filter as well to mimic original filter. Thanks for the help.
Attachments
PCV
PCV
Hose From Fuel Tank Rigid Line to Pump Inlet
Hose From Fuel Tank Rigid Line to Pump Inlet
Fuel Filter
Fuel Filter

martincom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Five Points

Re: Hose Clamps

Post by martincom »

I'm fairly sure the fuel lines were the Oetiker crimp style. I don't think the PCV hose had any clamps. It was a heavier wall hose, that would not collapse under manifold vacuum, but not as heavy as the vacuum booster hose--which also utilized Corbin clamps.
1*1971 D100 318 A/T
1*1970 Charger R/T 440-6PK A/T
2*1969 Daytona Charger 440 A/T
1*1969 Coronet R/T awaiting restoration
1*1969 Torino Talladega awaiting restoration

WarEagle
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Huntsville

Post by WarEagle »

Thanks. That's the path I'll head down. :salut

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

Are you also installing replica rubber hoses that match factory original markings and style? If not, why bother with matching original, cheapy clamps?

martincom
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Five Points

Post by martincom »

I'm not a fan of gear clamps on small diameter hose. The gear portion results in a large flat spot, relative to the hose diameter. In turn, that results in the clamping pressure being uneven. Folks also tend to over tighten them, damaging the hose. I use almost exclusively Oetiker stainless clamps on small diameter hose.
1*1971 D100 318 A/T
1*1970 Charger R/T 440-6PK A/T
2*1969 Daytona Charger 440 A/T
1*1969 Coronet R/T awaiting restoration
1*1969 Torino Talladega awaiting restoration

1970D300
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Carlisle
State: PA

Post by 1970D300 »

Be aware that some of the replacement OE type clamps are made of a thinner diameter. Reproduction and aftermarket hoses can also vary in wall thickness. So if you replace the clamps and hoses and they leak, these are two possible reasons for it. With thinner materials they may not seal tight enough.