DavidBW200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lake Chelan
State: WA

Clutch pedal torque arm help needed

Post by DavidBW200 »

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to straighten out some little annoying issues with my 1970 W200. I keep opening cans of worms.
The power steering conversion done by a previous owner had some half @#% stuff done, one thing was the column support didn't line up with the steering box. Another was, the clutch linkage rubs on metal they did a crappy job of cutting, where it goes through the floor. I discovered, that instead of using real truck parts for the clutch pedal torque shaft, they wrapped electrical tape around the ball pivot things. I think they a supposed to have plastic shell bearings of some sort, and some springs and spring clips. The rod that goes from my clutch pedal down to the torque shaft is also missing some bushings, it has oval holes it it, that connect to round studs. Stuff is missing.

Can someone direct me to a illustrated parts catalog for this truck? I can't find one online anywhere.
Does anyone know how long Dodge used this style clutch control for? Like what years can I order parts from? Or, anywhere that might have this stuff?

I'll post pictures of my floor project as a reply to this.

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Re: Clutch pedal torque arm help needed

Post by 712edf »

Dodge used mechanical linkage clutch systems on light duty trucks from 1969 until 1987. The parts changed a bit in 72.

Some pictures would help us greatly determine what rigging you are dealing with.

A fellow by the name "Dodgeboys" posts on many of the Dodge truck sites. He has & sells FSM for just about every year made & he has just about any kind of diagram, parts list or schematic you could possibly think of. Track him down & he might be able to help you see what yours should look like.
I know he posts on ramchargercentral.com & one of the power wagon sites.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

DavidBW200
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Lake Chelan
State: WA

Post by DavidBW200 »

Thanks, I'll look him up.

I bought this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HA ... UTF8&psc=1

It looks like everything I need. More $$$ than it seems these parts should be, but if it gets the job done, it cost what it costs sometimes.

712edf
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX

Post by 712edf »

That may have what all you need. They aren't Dodge savvy on their years though because trucks went back to hydraulic clutch in late 80's.

I think the "Z-bar" was relocated at some in the mid 70's too.

Bucky
1966 W500
1975 W600
1978 W200 club cab

swptln
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: East Brookfield
State: MA

Post by swptln »

I think most of the parts your looking for were the same, if your purchase doesn't work. Try Brewers Performance he's the standard transmission guroo on Mopars.
Mark D.

61-71 Dodge Truck Association
http://www.sweptlinesunlimited.com

1968 W200 Sweptline
1969 D100 Utiline
1993 D250 Club Cab