**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
quickgraffix
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: stockton
State: CA

Chatter in My clutch Pedal 69 w/3 on the tree

Post by quickgraffix »

here again with a new problem my clutch pedal starts to chatter when I get slightly higher rpms on the gears but today I noticed if I put slight pressure on the pedal it goes away im sure theres some sort of adjustment to put a lil pressure on the clutch pedal I need a temp fix till I can get the new clutch and flywheel installed im almost positive they're the original clutch and flywheel ...any suggestions?

Series1Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Newberg
State: OR

Re: Chatter in My clutch Pedal 69 w/3 on the tree

Post by Series1Utiline »

By your description of the noise going away with a little pressure on the pedal, that symptom is most often a release (throw out) bearing issue.
Last edited by Series1Utiline on Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

quickgraffix
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by quickgraffix »

@Series1Utiline I think you're right I just took it to the local hot rod shop and he said its probably the throwout bearing too this truck has alot of problems but im glad to have a site like this with guys who know what to do :usa

Series1Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Series1Utiline »

Good to hear. Fortunately that isn't a difficult repair but may take a little time if this is your 1st time. The 3 speeds are pretty light transmissions. One issue is that if the drive shaft has never been removed, it can be difficult to push forward (or pry forward toward the transmission) so it can be slid-out from the rear end yoke. Other than that, everything is pretty straight forward. Depending on your plans for the truck and the mileage it has, it's common (while you're inside the bell housing) to look at or just replace the clutch disc and pressure plate too. As well, take a look at your flywheel surface as depending on the use and miles on our truck, you may want to remove the flywheel and have it re-surfaced. Local to me, I paid $35 to have mine done. Best of luck working on your truck.

quickgraffix
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by quickgraffix »

when i replace the clutch assembly ill also more than likely replace the flywheel too since ill be in there

Series1Utiline
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by Series1Utiline »

I didn't ask earlier, is your engine a 318?

quickgraffix
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member

Post by quickgraffix »

no its a 225 I am about to start a rebuild on a 318 that I picked up