**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
walkerdodgeman
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Kimberly
State: ID

seats

Post by walkerdodgeman »

I have a 1967 w200 with a bench seat I don't have enough leg room I would like to try bucket seats I am 6ft 6inches tall . I would appreciate any suggestions of what other people have used . Thanks Rick Walker

PwrWgnDrvr
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Re: seats

Post by PwrWgnDrvr »

MikeMC cut the back of his cab off and moved it 6" back. Welded in a filler strip and repainted. Turned out sweet!

dodgeboykim
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Chilliwack. B.C. Canada
State: Foreign

Post by dodgeboykim »

walkerdodgeman wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:02 pm
I have a 1967 w200 with a bench seat I don't have enough leg room I would like to try bucket seats I am 6ft 6inches tall . I would appreciate any suggestions of what other people have used . Thanks Rick Walker

Unless the buckets have very thin backs they probably wont help you. I'm 6 3 and its tight for me with existing bench or stock buckets when they were in. :thinking :thinking
My truck is younger than me.
66 W100. 70 D 500 , 69 Hiab Speed Loader. 96 Ram 3500 Club Cab Cummin's 5 spd. 97 Ram 1500 Club Cab 5.9 gas auto. 83 W200 LB Propane 360 auto 09 Yammy Rhino 700.

Dale
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Middlefield
State: OH

Post by Dale »

My situation is slightly different. I'm not quite as tall being 5'9. So long story short, I first determined how bad of condition my cab was in to be sagging. I figured it foolish to replace the cab. So, in making my cab sit correct again, I gave up the fuel tank inside the cab. This should allow for more room to slide the seat back ward. But, now I'm exploring a number of options for relocating and installing a new fuel cell. Just an idea.
1971 Dodge W100

wally426ci
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
City: Cockeysville
State: MD

Post by wally426ci »

I put Warlock seats in mine (1978-9 Dodge truck) on a factory bucket frame without tacks so I sit lower and further back and they are super comfy. I'm only 6' 1" though. Here it is pictured with A100 seats which I tried for a little while but they killed my back.
Attachments
a100_seats_frame.jpg
A100 seats.JPG

WD
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Rosemark
State: TN

Post by WD »

I’m modifying my bench frame to sink a set of touring buckets in it. With a center storage bin.

Traded a $38 brand new tire for the $800 seats... :lol:
If I didn't build it, it ain't mine.

1949 Dodge B1B-108; 1969 D100-128; 72 Super Beetle; and a bunch of others...

wyota884
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: CASPER
State: WY

Post by wyota884 »

My trucks original seat was long gone by the time I got it. It had something out of a Lincoln in it's place. Anyways, I tossed that bench seat. I'm not sure what I'm going to replace it with. I'm thinking about on these universal bench seats from TMI. Lots of materials and colors to choose from, and I like the individually adjustable backs. I just haven't seen any real world feed back on comfort and feel.

1965 W200
1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser
2019 Ram Power Wagon

cudaboy
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer

Post by cudaboy »

One option, if you can find a good custom upholstery shop, is to use your bench frame, and have them remove all of the factory springs and padding.Then they can use plywood and new higher density foam rubber to custom make your seat to fit you. they can also add better lumbar support into the design . Look for a shop that does a lot of streetrods.
M.O.P.A.R. =
My Own Private Adrenaline Rush !