**OPEN TECHNICAL HELP FOR ALL SWEPTLINE MODELS AND PROBLEMS**
Dodged200guy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: New york
State: NY

Blower for heater box

Post by Dodged200guy »

Hello all, I have a 1967 Dodge D200 with the 318 and I just finished putting the seals and heater core back in , the owner before me took the heater box out and changed the heater core but never put any of it back in, so I just finished bolting it up, plugging the hoses back in and putting the cables back on but the only problem I have which may be a stupid one , but I can’t figure out where this green wire on the back of the blower motor goes, the blower knob has a black wire that comes off of it and I’m not sure where that goes either , anyone have the same setup? It’s a non ac truck just heat , its gonna be fall here soon and the heat would be nice before I park it for the winter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hobcobble
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Blower for heater box

Post by Hobcobble »

Dodged200guy
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: New york
State: NY

Post by Dodged200guy »

Hey hobcobble! Thank you ! That is actually really helpful in the future projects but unfortunately I don’t see anything on the blower motor wiring , I scanned over it a few times and didn’t see anything on it , is there another picture or is it there and I missed it? Thanks again for the diagram though! It’s 2 wires off the back of the blower motor and I don’t have a resistor on the heater box itself , it’s just 2 wires and the blower knob in tbe dash only has 2 wires that come off of it , so I’m just not sure where everything goes here I’m sure it sounds a bit dumb but just not making sense to me

Txas2step
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: houston
State: TX

Post by Txas2step »

Go to the electrical section and put heater wiring in the search box. Several good responses. :Thumbsup
61 shorty 170/ 3spd 3:91(sold)
66 lwb 318 poly/727/4:10 (sold)
67 shorty 318poly/4spd 3:55
68 ute 318/3 spd/3:55(sold)
70 318/727/3:23
66 d200 225/4spd/4:10( military)(sold)
68 d100 383/727/3:55

64D100Poly
Sweptline.ORG Member
Sweptline.ORG Member
City: Vancouver
State: WA

Post by 64D100Poly »

Black wire and a green wire coming from the motor, black to switch and green is a ground that goes to one of the screws for the motors backing plate, assuming its the same heater I have. They equipped these with about 15 different heaters for whatever reason :thinking My heater has a 2 speed switch.
A grinder & paint make me the welder I ain't

-1965 (early) D100 Sweptline Daily
-1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer
-1968 Barracuda Formula S
OO\===/OO

Wildergarten
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
Sweptline.ORG Pioneer
City: Los Gatos
State: CA

Post by Wildergarten »

Dodged200guy wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:59 am
Hello all, I have a 1967 Dodge D200 with the 318 and I just finished putting the seals and heater core back in , the owner before me took the heater box out and changed the heater core but never put any of it back in, so I just finished bolting it up, plugging the hoses back in and putting the cables back on but the only problem I have which may be a stupid one , but I can’t figure out where this green wire on the back of the blower motor goes, the blower knob has a black wire that comes off of it and I’m not sure where that goes either , anyone have the same setup? It’s a non ac truck just heat , its gonna be fall here soon and the heat would be nice before I park it for the winter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I suggest that you be sure to put silicone heater hoses in there with fully (including the screw) stainless band clamps so that you will never have to replace them. These hoses are made specifically for automotive purposes. They're expensive, but in this location, totally worth it.

If you are not doing a full restoration, then moving the cable-controlled valve on the hose lines to the other side of the firewall into the engine compartment will eliminate the risk of the heater leaking and rusting the floorboards. I did this one on my old Dart and getting a longer cable linkage was a hassle, but it did work well.
'69 W200 (thumbnail)
'68 W200 (RIP)
'68 W200 383 NP435 3.53
'67 W200 383 NP435 4.10 w overload springs, Dana 60, PTO winch & flatbed dump, racks, crane, c-air (Max)
Mark Vande Pol
Wildergarten.org